What's new

My kava journey w/ GHK - Reverse Tolerance - day by day

redstar

Kava, Kava
Hello everyone, I'm new to kava and started this thread to document my consumption of GHK kava. I will be posting day by day dosage, overcoming RT, side effects, food intake, and experiences.

Day 1:
Dosage:
Took 2 tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (2 hours ago)
Experience: Well it looks like im not one of the lucky few to feel it right away, I am currently dealing with reverse tolerance because I dont feel anything. I will not give up though!
Food intake: Ate Chinese food at 2pm, drank around 4:00-4:30pm, dinner at 6:30pm
Side effects: A little gassy.

Boy i wasnt expecting this taste.. wow.. pretty gross.. I mixed it straight with orange juice in my potein blender ball container. very easy, just mixed for 10 seconds then drink. I can tell over time it will be more manageable to drink though.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can tell over time it will be more manageable to drink though.
Kava's taste has never gotten better for me, however the more you drink it, the more refined your guzzling techniques will become. When I drink kava now I don't taste it at all.

I look forward to your documentary of your kava experience!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I think folks might be better off sometimes if they didn't try to mask the flavor, and just went with it if at all possible. It really doesn't take long for you to associate the effects with the taste.
I'll second that. For me it's in the "acquired taste" category with coffee, beer, hard liquor, etc. anything that's actually pretty nasty, but when you start drinking it and begin to enjoy it, you find all sorts of little flavor nuances that you start to like (12 year single malt scotch from Islay, Speyside, Highlands, for example). I know it doesn't taste good, but I've grown to like it. Even so, I still make bulaface regularly.

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 2:
Dosage:
Took 2 tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (3 hours ago)
Experience: dealing with reverse tolerance, I dont feel anything at all.
Food intake: Ate tacos at 7pm, kava at 10pm "i stay up REALLY late"
Side effects: Gas that could clear a room & diarrhea.

PS: Mixed with %100 grape juice this time and it was horrible.. However, the first time I used orange juice and it was much more palatable. Any suggestions to make it taste better please PM so we dont cloud up this thread.

Ceraton

Heavy Kava Drinker
I have an idea. Slowly take it up a notch by 1 or 2 tablespoons. I'm curious if it changes the results. For science!

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 3:
Dosage:
Experience: dealing with reverse tolerance, BUT!!! I finally felt something!! I really should have wrote this down while i was experiencing it haha. Anyways, about 30 minutes after drinking I felt what is known as the "heady" affect & almost a "giddy" sensation, like the feeling you get when you laugh, just a happy feeling, it was like my brain was laughing but my mouth wasn't. This lasted for about 30-45 minutes then subsided back to nothing. On my next day I will document my feelings as they are happening so I can better explain them in detail. It's hard to do after the affects wear off and hours later.

Food intake: Ate sausage & pepper sandwich at 6:30pm, kava at 9:30pm "i stay up REALLY late"
Side effects: So far no gas, THANKKK YOOOUUUUU KAVA GOD (aka Chris)!!!

I went back to mixing it with orange juice and its MUCH better..

@Ceraton yeah, I would love to up the dose as well, but I'm an unemployed recent college grad, I cant be spending $55 a week on kava lol. I got to make it last atleast 2 weeks.

D

Deleted User01

@redstar, if you get gassy after a pepper and sausage sandwich, please don't blame it on the kava. :LOL: Also, when you wake up today, please tell us if you had a good night's sleep. Even when going thru reverse tolerance, you should see the sleep benefit.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Glad you're starting to feel it but if you aren't willing to move beyond 2 TBSP, you're not likely to ever experience anything revolutionary.
It might get slightly better as your body begins to sense it more, but it will never be more than a nice mild buzz that fades more quickly, at that dose.
You should perhaps buy a cheaper medium grind and start using that, with micronized only used as a little booster.
You're putting 3 hours between meals and kava, that's not too bad, but I typically put in 5-6+ hours.

redstar

Kava, Kava
@redstar, if you get gassy after a pepper and sausage sandwich, please don't blame it on the kava. :LOL: Also, when you wake up today, please tell us if you had a good night's sleep. Even when going thru reverse tolerance, you should see the sleep benefit.
actually last night was the day that i "didnt have gas" I rarely get gas from any foods.
I slept good, I just always have a hard time going to sleep and feel tired and hard to get out of bed when i wake up 7 hours later, I always feel like i want to go back to sleep. I believe my cortisole levels are messed up, because i generally feel tired during the day, but when night comes i feel wide awake. i believe its due to my crazy sleep schedule, i go to sleep at like 5am and wake up around 1pm. "i really gotta change that" lol

Glad you're starting to feel it but if you aren't willing to move beyond 2 TBSP, you're not likely to ever experience anything revolutionary.
It might get slightly better as your body begins to sense it more, but it will never be more than a nice mild buzz that fades more quickly, at that dose.
You should perhaps buy a cheaper medium grind and start using that, with micronized only used as a little booster.
You're putting 3 hours between meals and kava, that's not too bad, but I typically put in 5-6+ hours.
5-6 hours!! i cant do that.. I hear people doing that on here a lot, thats not good for your bodies. I have to eat every few hours so i dont feel like shit or lose weight. I have an insanely fast matabilism. I am 6'3 -- 175lbs and go to the gym 5 days a week so i like to stay fit. the only way i would be able to do that is if i take it right when i wake up.

Also, I'm not trying to get krunk, i just want to use this for social anxiety during the day. I'm just working on my RT at night right now. I liked the mild affect, but i just want it to last more than 30 minutes. looking for like 4-6 hours of that feeling. I guess on my next dosage i will try 3 tbs. I'm hoping after my RT this affect will just last longer..

Last edited:

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 4:
Dosage:
Took 3 tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (1 1/2 hours ago)
Experience: still have RT. I even took more this time to see "what she can do" but the affects are nothing compared to last night. no giddy feeling. I have somewhat of a heady feeling, its almost as if i feel dizzy, but im not dizzy. I guess the food from last night affected my intake and made it stronger.
Food intake: Ate cheeseburger at 6pm, kava at 10:30pm
Side effects: none. yyaaayyy EDIT: two hours after consuming i feel a little nauseous, but i believe it might be due to the fact i started playing some really demanding video games.

tomorrows another day (y)

PS: everytime i drink this i want to eat afterwards, any info on whether i should have a light snack or not?
Also listen to some tracks i uploaded to the kava soundtrack, im sure you guys will like this when on kava, this is usually my mushroom soundtrack
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/your-kava-soundtrack.1471/page-14

Last edited:

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
I usually mix a little splenda in with mine, but I tend to like the taste. Sometimes to mix things up a bit, I'll add some various other instant drink mixes (i.e. crystal light). Kava appletini is surprisingly enjoyable. I tried a Kava Virgin Mary, and that was alright. Margarita mix was a bad idea though... not a complementory flavor. Also sometimes I mix it with gingerale, but more for the nausea factor. Chocolate and vanilla flavors are both pretty complementary. In your case you could use real sugars and syrups. You tend to taste it less as the night progresses. Otherwise I tend to dose every 30 min or so till desired results are met, and ever so often after that to maintain desired effects. Every brand and strain seems to have its own kalidescope of affects though. Im still trying to sort out the ones I prefer and when.

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 5:
Dosage:
Took 2 tablespoons of GHK Micro Mahakea (Last night)
Experience: still have RT. No affect whatsoever, I was reading up on nootropics so I didn't relax at all. But I had no desire to with such interesting information. If your looking for something to give you better concentration, wit, and overall increase your IQ look into "Noopept" with "L-theanine & Alpha-GPC" to boost affects. I spent 12+ hours researching those.
Food intake: Ate cheeseburger at 6pm, kava at 10:30pm (same as previous day I know)
Side effects: none.

redstar

Kava, Kava
Day 6:
Dosage:
Experience: still have RT. No effects, feel a little dizzy (not the heady feeling) when walking, not a fun experience. I thought i would get used to this taste but its actually getting worse, every time i think about it i cringe, i got to try something other than orange juice next time or else i dont think i would be able to get it down. Im thinking some naked juice from walmart because its thick and a lot of flavor. If i do ever get an effect I'm going to switch to instant next time because i just cant handle it. it makes me nauseous thinking about drinking it. I will not give up!

Food intake: Ate porkchops at 6pm, kava at 10:30pm
Side effects: I feel nauseous. Drank some ginger ale no help.

Casper

Kava Curious
Just starting the same path as you. Last night was my first try, thought I'd try the Kava colada recipe... oh my what a mistake that was, tasted like I stuck a dirty old coconut air freshener in my mouth.
If you find something that mixes well without hitting the gag reflex, please let me know!
I think tonight I'll try straight, just so I know what the base tastes like, then decide what it can mix into to make more pleasant.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Food intake: Ate porkchops at 6pm, kava at 10:30pm.
Don't know if it would help, but I do the exact opposite. 6 to 10:30 is 4 1/2 hours. What I do is not eat for 4 1/2 hours, drink my kava, then 10 minutes later eat my porkchop. I find the porkchop afterwards really gives my kava an extra kick. ::happyshell::