What's new

My Return to Kava

mjrinehart27

Kava Curious
I haven't used Kava in about 6 months. Started drinking again a few months ago and Kava just kinda fell by the wayside. But, I needed to curb my alcohol intake so I went ahead and ordered some Kavafied Supreme that arrived today. I just downed 4 TBSPs split between two Alluballs, and that warm feeling of peace and contentment is slowly creeping up. Man, I forgot how good this stuff is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I haven't used Kava in about 6 months. Started drinking again a few months ago and Kava just kinda fell by the wayside. But, I needed to curb my alcohol intake so I went ahead and ordered some Kavafied Supreme that arrived today. I just downed 4 TBSPs split between two Alluballs, and that warm feeling of peace and contentment is slowly creeping up. Man, I forgot how good this stuff is.

Bula!

mjrinehart27

Kava Curious
Also, quick question. I've never done traditional prep before, but I have a Kavafied Strainer bag on the way. If I'm doing two washes with the Alluballs, is it worth it to save the makas, freeze them, and then use them for traditional prep?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Also, quick question. I've never done traditional prep before, but I have a Kavafied Strainer bag on the way. If I'm doing two washes with the Alluballs, is it worth it to save the makas, freeze them, and then use them for traditional prep?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That strainer bag is surprisingly sturdy and well-done, too. So yeah, after the two washes are done, empty the makas into a container and store in the freezer till you have enough (about 16 - 20 balls worth, obviously, the more the makas, the stronger the resulting grog. And I make a subsequent 4 washes with that freezer stuff.

mjrinehart27

Kava Curious
Sweet! I'm a little short on freezer space at the moment, so I only have a small container in there. I'll probably get close to around 8-12 Alluballs worth, and then add a TBSP or two of fresh stuff and see how it goes. I've heard that traditional prep makes significantly stronger grog, so I'm looking forward to it.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Sweet! I'm a little short on freezer space at the moment, so I only have a small container in there. I'll probably get close to around 8-12 Alluballs worth, and then add a TBSP or two of fresh stuff and see how it goes. I've heard that traditional prep makes significantly stronger grog, so I'm looking forward to it.

I've ready gotten back into trad. prep and nothing compares! I still use my Alluballs. I just prefer trad prep when I can do it (which is daily when I do not work or I prep it for work the night before).

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
I am trying to stretch my root as far as possible due to price. Do you feel like traditional prep is more cost effective or is the difference in the methods more of a strength thing then a monetary thing.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I am trying to stretch my root as far as possible due to price. Do you feel like traditional prep is more cost effective or is the difference in the methods more of a strength thing then a monetary thing.
Personally, since kava is stronger made the traditional way, you get away with using less. So, to me, that makes it last longer. However, if you save the wakas from your Aluball sessions, freeze it and get a nice strong grog later when your stash may be low, that stretches your dollar as well. It all depends on how you feel and your personal preference. I only save the waka from Aluball prep to trad prep at a later date. So, I do both.