What's new

Powdered Kava Nangol Noble

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Our Nangol Noble is a nicely balanced blend of noble kavas from Vanauatu. A little of this, a little of that, provides a well balanced and extremely potent kava. A small amount is great for daytime use, a little more will knock your socks off!

Last edited by a moderator:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
· Mini-Review ·
::tanoa::
Nangol Noble is a nearly perfect noble kava blend. It's satisfyingly potent, it's heady, it's heavy, relaxing and a little 'floaty'. It quickly puts me in a good state of mind and easily opens the door to that entrancing 'mystical' kava dimension. It's a bit on the bitter side, but perhaps that bitterness is directly related to the potency and balanced effects. I was drinking Nambawan around the same time as Nangol and while their flavors were different, their effects/potency were quite similar...albeit a liiiittle more balanced when it comes to the Nangol. Good stuff and probably one of my favorites! I'll have to try a couple more batches to know for sure.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
· Mini-Review ·
::tanoa::
Nangol Noble is a nearly perfect noble kava blend. It's satisfyingly potent, it's heady, it's heavy, relaxing and a little 'floaty'. It quickly puts me in a good state of mind and easily opens the door to that entrancing 'mystical' kava dimension. It's a bit on the bitter side, but perhaps that bitterness is directly related to the potency and balanced effects. I was drinking Nambawan around the same time as Nangol and while their flavors were different, their effects/potency were quite similar...albeit a liiiittle more balanced when it comes to the Nangol. Good stuff and probably one of my favorites! I'll have to try a couple more batches to know for sure.

Thanks, man! It's getting pretty popular around here. So many noble kavas tend to be a little heavily weighted toward the heady. Nangol Noble drinkers have found a noble kava that leans the other way. It is fantastic for physical relaxation, yet you still get the anxiety relief and euphoria.

Love the mini review, but how about a full on review?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Coincidentally I just found some Nangol Noble at the bottom of my stash. Bought a sampler pack from BKH when starting my kava journey. Don't remember exactly when I bought it but has to be between 1 and 2 years ago. Never opened. Kept in a cool place. Is it still safe to drink?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Coincidentally I just found some Nangol Noble at the bottom of my stash. Bought a sampler pack from BKH when starting my kava journey. Don't remember exactly when I bought it but has to be between 1 and 2 years ago. Never opened. Kept in a cool place. Is it still safe to drink?
You're all good. Kava doesn't really go bad unless it has too much moisture content. After a year or two it does tend to lose potency but it won't hurt ya.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I hate to be that guy but has anyone done the lebot test on this stuff? I havent bought from bulakavahouse in years due to a few of the strains leaving me with side effects due to being not quite noble. I just cant tolerate anything even close to tudei. Bkh is a good business though and i would be happy to buy their products again if there were any that have been tested as totally noble. Cheers

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
I hate to be that guy but has anyone done the lebot test on this stuff? I havent bought from bulakavahouse in years due to a few of the strains leaving me with side effects due to being not quite noble. I just cant tolerate anything even close to tudei. Bkh is a good business though and i would be happy to buy their products again if there were any that have been tested as totally noble. Cheers
Nangol Noble: Chemotype: 423561, Total KL% 9.35, Flavokavain A: .002% Flavokavain B .050%: , Flavokavain C: .075%

Everything's been guaranteed noble for a while now, except Koniak.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Including melo melo and the like? I always liked that one but it made me lethargic the next day
Not sure about the new Melo Melo, I think Judd said it was noble, as a real Melo Melo should be, but I've never seen any CoA for it. I'm assume Judd wouldn't take all this time to source a new Melo Melo and have it still be dirty...ya never know though.

I personally get next-day lethargy from noble kavas quite often as well, so that alone isn't really a solid indicator. Admittedly, I tend to drink high dose, heavy nobles. I love it when I see DiHydroMethysticin or Methysticin creepin' up into the 3rd or 4th spot in the chemotype. ::ooooohhhhz::

ThePiper

Kava Lover
My dose is about 10-20g of medium grind and yeah i go for the headier strains. Its not just the hangover factor but nausea too.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh man, I tried the Nangol Noble late this morning. Not exactly what I need, well not at all what I need! It revved up my anxiety so much that I felt like digging into the old bottle of Valium I haven't touched in a month or so. And I'd been doing so well. Thanks to the kava gods I managed to avoid that by eating a light lunch - some scrambled eggs and drank a lot of coconut water. And I've just downed a couple of shells of The Kava Roots' Tongan Reserve I received a couple of days ago from @Paulie-Paul . Man this stuff is good! Felt my anxiety slip away, yet I've remained alert and focused. Shoulder tightness due to anxiety disappeared! Thank you Tongan Reserve, you saved the day!
I'm sure the Nangol Noble is great for something - and maybe, one day, I'll be able to take it without it causing anxiety. But for now, it's staying in the stash. Unless someone wants it for a nominal price? I will likely put it up in the market. There's not much so I'll probably just charge for shipping. Sorry, @BKH but this one doesn't work for me right now. :cry:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Oh man, I tried the Nangol Noble late this morning. Not exactly what I need, well not at all what I need! It revved up my anxiety so much that I felt like digging into the old bottle of Valium I haven't touched in a month or so. And I'd been doing so well. Thanks to the kava gods I managed to avoid that by eating a light lunch - some scrambled eggs and drank a lot of coconut water. And I've just downed a couple of shells of The Kava Roots' Tongan Reserve I received a couple of days ago from @Paulie-Paul . Man this stuff is good! Felt my anxiety slip away, yet I've remained alert and focused. Shoulder tightness due to anxiety disappeared! Thank you Tongan Reserve, you saved the day!
I'm sure the Nangol Noble is great for something - and maybe, one day, I'll be able to take it without it causing anxiety. But for now, it's staying in the stash. Unless someone wants it for a nominal price? I will likely put it up in the market. There's not much so I'll probably just charge for shipping. Sorry, @BKH but this one doesn't work for me right now. :cry:
Sorry it wasn't "your shell of kava". We're all different. Strong kavas with particular chemotypes, usually very high kavain, make some people anxious sometimes. I've felt something similar before, though I don't have clinical anxiety issues so I'm sure it isn't exactly the same.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I'll have to watch out for that high kavain content! Anything you can recommend, Judd, from @Bula Kava House 's medium grind Kava's?
Well the problem is that the exact "formula" is kind of a mystery. Not all strong, high kavain kavas can cause some antsiness in people. It seems to be more of an interplay between all kavalactones, with two of the common denominators being potent, and high kavain. So we can use chemotype to give us a guideline, but it's not a sure thing. I actually just today got test results back for our current batches, so we do have that. Also, luckily for you, I'm one of the people that certain kavas make anxious. With test results and my own experience to go on, I recommend our Fu'u. It's a beautifully fresh, mild flavored, noble Tongan. I absolutely love it and the chemotype is right on for an effect I think you're going for.

Insider tip: The price was just raised on me due to those damn European pharmaceutical companies buying up all the Tongan kava so I'll be raising the price in the next couple days. Get it soon to save a few bucks.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Well the problem is that the exact "formula" is kind of a mystery. Not all strong, high kavain kavas can cause some antsiness in people. It seems to be more of an interplay between all kavalactones, with two of the common denominators being potent, and high kavain. So we can use chemotype to give us a guideline, but it's not a sure thing. I actually just today got test results back for our current batches, so we do have that. Also, luckily for you, I'm one of the people that certain kavas make anxious. With test results and my own experience to go on, I recommend our Fu'u. It's a beautifully fresh, mild flavored, noble Tongan. I absolutely love it and the chemotype is right on for an effect I think you're going for.

Insider tip: The price was just raised on me due to those damn European pharmaceutical companies buying up all the Tongan kava so I'll be raising the price in the next couple days. Get it soon to save a few bucks.
Yea, kava can be very fickle. Sometimes something works for me one day and not the next. That's one of the reasons why I like to mix it up, so to speak. So the body and mind doesn't get used to just one sort of kava.
Thanks for the tip. Will place my order pdq.

Jungle

Kava Curious

Glad I read this, unfortunately just after
I placed a 1lb order of the Nangol Noble, I suffer from anxiety as kilakila does, don't want feel anxious or anti see at all.
Could I replace the Nangol with your recommendation, the Fu'u?
Jungle (Jeremy)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Glad I read this, unfortunately just after
I placed a 1lb order of the Nangol Noble, I suffer from anxiety as kilakila does, don't want feel anxious or anti see at all.
Could I replace the Nangol with your recommendation, the Fu'u?
Jungle (Jeremy)
If it hasn't gone out yet, you absolutely can. That said, 99% of people who drink Nangol Noble don't get anxious. Anxiety is very uncommon. We serve it daily at our kava bar and sell quite a bit online so we would know about it if it was an even somewhat normal occurrence. You're very much most likely safe.

If you still would like to change the order send an email to [email protected]. There would be a difference in price that you'd have to cover as well.

Thanks for the order!

Judd