What's new

Nausea :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
@Skitty , I started to use @Squanch72 's jug idea recently, and I really, really like it. You basically just mix your grog in juice instead of water. He uses V8 Splash (it's $2 a bottle at my grocery store), and I get zero issues with nausea when I drink grog this way. It's surprisingly not too terrible. Methinks the lack of nausea is from the citric acid within the juice...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Pineapple juice is good, I'm going to explore this more when I go back on kava on Monday (can't wait, can't wait)

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
With some types of Kava I do get it at times. However more than that, most kava makes me sweat. And I have noticed that the colour of my urine becomes very light regardless of how much liquid I drink. So I think it puts my liver into gear and make it work for a living. I have had tests done, it does very little to my enzyme levels so it's nothing to worry about, just curious.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
American vs British English question:
In America, we say "To each their own". Is it more common to say "Each to their own" over there?
I've heard both but over here it's more common to hear each to their own.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Would knee highs suffice?
I use doubled-up knee highs. When I use a single knee high I get some stomach issues. The key thing is to remove the larger sized particles that get into your kava. You can use a small micron nut milk bag to achieve the same effect as doubled nylons. When you do this you will need to knead for a longer time and squeeze harder to get a sufficiently potent drink, but it will be smoother.

About instant: it might or might not be easier on your tummy, however micronized might be worse (I'm talking about my personal experience with micronized here--some folks can tolerate it fine).

verticity

I'm interested in things
The bad news: I threw up again ::pupeyes2::

I did the traditional prep method for Kalm With Kava's Borongoru medium grind and I'm a bit nauseous but not as much. I made fresh juice from Apple, celery, spinach and strawberries and I mixed it with the kava so it wouldn't taste as bad.

The good news: I'm not nearly as dehydrated and I'm not constantly running to the bathroom. Also, I'm not feeling anxious, just the tension of my stomach rebelling, lol ::sweating::

Would instant kavas not make me as nauseous?
You might also want to try just water instead of fruit/vegetable juice. It does taste terrible, but just from the sound of it, if I drank kava mixed with pureed spinach and other stuff, I might feel like barfing as well. One thing I have found that works really well to make the taste more tolerable is citric acid. You can just add about half a teaspoon of Crystal Light Lemonade mix to your grog. I used to do that a lot, but lately I have just gotten used to the taste, so I drink it straight.

verticity

I'm interested in things
How about wearing them?

How about putting the pantyhose on and then stuffing it full of medium grind between the hose and skin, lying in the tub and doing the worm for 20 minutes?
Um.... Doing "the worm"? Well the problem is both men and women have these openings in their bodies that it would be quite unpleasant to get kava in. And I know you're kidding, but you made me think about the full implications of doing The Worm in a bathtub wearing pantyhose stuffed with kava, and I did not like those implications. :yuck:

Skitty

Kava Enthusiast
Um.... Doing "the worm"? Well the problem is both men and women have these openings in their bodies that it would be quite unpleasant to get kava in. And I know you're kidding, but you made me think about the full implications of doing The Worm in a bathtub wearing pantyhose stuffed with kava, and I did not like those implications. :yuck:
Forgive me if this is too graphic, but wouldn't the kava just, numb things down there? ::giggle2::

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
kava mixed with pureed spinach and other stuff, I might feel like barfing as well.
I almost barfed just from thinking about it. What a vile combination.

@Skitty the guy has a point. Make your kava with plain water and keep a chaser ready. There is nothing that makes kava taste better, in fact, in my experience everything just makes it worse. Plain water, down the hatch with it, and then eat something you like right after or some ginger.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Forgive me if this is too graphic, but wouldn't the kava just, numb things down there? ::giggle2::
This has been discussed here, actually, unfortunately. Your intestines can absorb drugs if administered rectally. This is a very bad thing to do in the case of kava. You could overdose on kavalactones and have a quite unpleasant experience: severe pain, overintoxication, barfing, diarrhea. I'm not sure what effect it would have on a woman's ... ladyparts... but probably like sand but worse.

Skitty

Kava Enthusiast
I almost barfed just from thinking about it. What a vile combination.

@Skitty the guy has a point. Make your kava with plain water and keep a chaser ready. There is nothing that makes kava taste better, in fact, in my experience everything just makes it worse. Plain water, down the hatch with it, and then eat something you like right after or some ginger.
Yup I learned the hard way :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.