What's new

need an opinion

kaba

Kava Curious
So I wanna try Fiji Waka and theres this Wakakon Waka on amazon less than 30 $ a pound and free shipping as well. Anyone tried it? Would it be worth paying more for BKH or KBR Waka?

infraredz

BULA!
Haven't ried the Amazon kava, but I can tell you that for one thing, you get what you pay for. With BKH, they sell exceptional products at very low prices so you won't be paying for a "brand" or a "name" which isn't something I would say all the time (Stone comes to mind). With Fijian kava, I've also heard that there are is a significant amount of Fijian kava that just comes from Vanuatu and is sold as Fijian (either cultivated in Fiji or sold/distributed). Andrew would know more about that, but I would be much more willing to put my money on BKH knowing there stuff about where their Fijian comes from than Wakacon.

Hope that helps some. I actually just got the Fijian from BKH myself and can't wait to try it. Sounds great already!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
@kaba I recently bought a 1/2 kilo of BKH's Fiji Waka and, after using the discount code, spent about $38 total including the 3-day shipping cost. Ordered on Monday afternoon, received on Thursday. I haven't really gotten into it yet but it is good kava. You can't go wrong with BKH or KBR (I have also ordered from them)!

I tried the Wakakon Waka when I first started looking for good kava. Wasn't really a good experience but I have read that others enjoy it. Granted, I was tossing 'n washing with it and didn't give it enough regular drinking to get over the reverse tolerance so I believe my experience was skewed. Just a word of advice if you go with Amazon, that stuff really upset my stomach, like immediately after drinking. Just be aware if you don't have the strongest of constitutions.

IMO, BKH would be the way to go because it is well known, well liked and regularly discussed as quality kava on these forums by informed individuals. Wakakon may be great but I was unable to find much detail about the people involved with that operation. BKH is a large presence on these forums and, if you choose to order from them, you'll find exactly where the kava comes from and who was involved in the process...at least state-side.

All that said, the Amazon Waka keeps popping in discussion here and there and I will say that i'd be curious to try it again being that my process and kava knowledge was severely lacking at that time. I invite you to dive into these forums and read the reviews on this site and the Kavasseur site. Those reviews really helped informed me and I bought better kava as a result. You wouldn't be paying that much more for KBR or BKH and your money would be going to good people and you get good kava in return. Good luck on your purchase!

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
I've been enjoying BKH Fijian, and can tell you that it is well worth the price! Which is very reasonable for the quality it is. Judds kava is the only kava I will purchase anymore and this Fijian...OMG this Fijian!! WOW!!:D Nuff said.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think I've said this before, but I really prefer BKH Melo Melo to their Fiji Waka, and that's only like $4 more than the Wakacon.

kaba

Kava Curious
Thank you so much everyone. Well, I guess I will just purchase Melo Melo and Waka from BKH. I really liked their Boroguru. I discovered kava while in revovery for over a decade and I want to try different kavas to see which ones hit the spot )))

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you so much everyone. Well, I guess I will just purchase Melo Melo and Waka from BKH. I really liked their Boroguru. I discovered kava while in revovery for over a decade and I want to try different kavas to see which ones hit the spot )))
You'll find many people here with that exact same situation. Many people in recovery on these boards.