What's new

need some clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
i placed an order of micro borogu yesterday from amazon and it arrived today. theres just one tiny problem. i have no idea what kava cultivar i have. as i said i ordered borogu, but the bottle i received is labeled as pouni ono. so naturally i would think amazon messed up and sent me the wrong kava, but to make matters confusing the sticker placed on the bottle (not the label) reads micro borogu. i have no idea what i have. i hope its the borogu i wasnt a huge fane of the pouni ono.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
update... i peeled off the sticker that said micro borogu and there was a sticker underneath it that reads micro pouni ono... what the heck man

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
smell it/taste it ... if it's a more pungent and peppery scent it's borogu...if it's more earthy and maybe slightly creamy is pouni ono.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
im not sure that would help becasue it literally has two numbered stickers. the top one is borogu and then when i peeled that off there was a pouini ono one under it

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
it doesn't need any stickers for the sniff test.
borogu from vanuatu and pouni from tongan have distinct scents that will be a dead give away.

do you have any other kavas around ?

EQ

Atman
im not sure that would help becasue it literally has two numbered stickers. the top one is borogu and then when i peeled that off there was a pouini ono one under it
Picture of the actual product you would put into water. Borogu is darker than Ono. Also as Shakas said a sniff/taste test works too.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
honestly ive never been able to distinguish kava by smell or taste, i consider all kava nasty lol. i do however consider this a darker powder. i dont have any other kava on hand right now but if i were to compare it to moi or nene in color i would def say moi. so perhaps it is borogu

EQ

Atman
honestly ive never been able to distinguish kava by smell or taste, i consider all kava nasty lol. i do however consider this a darker powder. i dont have any other kava on hand right now but if i were to compare it to moi or nene in color i would def say moi. so perhaps it is borogu
If you posted a picture of it I could tell you. I have never had moi.
If it's pretty dark like more brown than white than it is probably borogu.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I recieved Loa waka one time from an Amazon order. My original order was for borogu and thats what the bag said but the label on the back said it was fiji loa. Once I tryed it there was no mistaking that it was the fijian kava. I suspected it was differant before I even noticed the label because of the differance in the type of grind. Borogu is usually pretty coarse from KWK

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Are these just mistakes by KWK or is Amazon selling weird kava under KWK? I don't mind a mistake, but I have bought KWK's kava from Amazon and want to make sure it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.