What's new

Need some Recommendations

Hi all, great to be here.
I recently started using Kava as an alternative to alcohol. I purchased a sample pack from KWK including Loa waka, Vula waka and boroguru ( spelt wrong i bet)
Anyway i started using it with recomended doses (3Tbs per cup of water). all sessions were on an empty stomach with a small ammount of whole milk to add fats. While i did enjoy the relaxed feeling. i have failed to attain a body effect or even heavy krunk effects. I have upped the does to about 20tbs in one session with about 6 shells consumed with still minor effects. Ive used the traditional method and followed strict to every step. I have also used the blender method with no difference.

So i am all out now, can anyone recommend how i can step it up a notch and with what strain willl be able to do this best.
Thanks Fellow kava fiends!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I recently started using Kava as an alternative to alcohol. I purchased a sample pack from KWK including Loa waka, Vula waka and boroguru ( spelt wrong i bet)
Anyway i started using it with recomended doses (3Tbs per cup of water). all sessions were on an empty stomach with a small ammount of whole milk to add fats. While i did enjoy the relaxed feeling. i have failed to attain a body effect or even heavy krunk effects. I have upped the does to about 20tbs in one session with about 6 shells consumed with still minor effects. Ive used the traditional method and followed strict to every step. I have also used the blender method with no difference.

So i am all out now, can anyone recommend how i can step it up a notch and with what strain willl be able to do this best.
If you want one that you can't miss in terms of effects, keep your eye on www.kavatime.us and watch for the Ambae's kava. I just finished off my bag by mixing it 50/50 with Borongoru and I had to physically rush to get to bed last night because it caused an over-krunk situation with my eyes feeling like they were forcibly crossed. Good stuff.
Bula Kava - 11 Year, and Kavafied - Kava Supreme are kavas that often fall into the "whoa, this might be too strong" category.
Also, welcome aboard. Glad to have a fellow kava enthusiast among us :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover

First, I am going to assume you really do mean Tbs and not Tsp ('cause 20 TBS is a lot of kava). You could be experiencing some reverse tolerance but seeing as you are getting relaxed maybe not. Heavy ones for me are Kavifed Supreme, Squanch Waka, Bula Kava House Nambawan, Kava Kauai 5 star, and few of Gourmet Hawaiian Kavas but none that are in stock right now. Others swear by Nakamal at Home Stone or Wow, but I have no first hand experience with either one.

.....and in 3, 2, 1 @SelfBiasResistor will tell us that all kava has declined in strength for the last 5 years....:)

First, I am going to assume you really do mean Tbs and not Tsp ('cause 20 TBS is a lot of kava). You could be experiencing some reverse tolerance but seeing as you are getting relaxed maybe not. Heavy ones for me are Kavifed Supreme, Squanch Waka, Bula Kava House Nambawan, Kava Kauai 5 star, and few of Gourmet Hawaiian Kavas but none that are in stock right now. Others swear by Nakamal at Home Stone or Wow, but I have no first hand experience with either one.

.....and in 3, 2, 1 @SelfBiasResistor will tell us that all kava has declined in strength for the last 5 years....:)
Not a typo... I really do mean table spoons haha, i am definitely feeling something but not what others have described.... maybe my expectations were too high ;(