What's new

Kava Recipe New flavor enhancer idea

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I don't mind the taste of 90% of kava i drink but my gf does so flavor changing is always in the back of my mind. Anyway i was adding ginger to seltzer without kava as a digestive tonic and it dawned on me to use the strainer to my advantage when adding flavor to kava. Pureeing or grating ginger and putting it in the strainer to squeeze with the kava was easy and effective for taste and also helps with stomach stuff. I also tried putting peppermint leaves in and that had some benefit but then i went back and made a wash an hour later and after sitting moist it came out very minty and smooth. The mint bite covers the aftertaste of kava well.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I once had kava at a cafe near me and they put fresh mint in the glass so I broke it up and stirred. I found it very enjoyable. I think it was spearmint

CrunkMonk

Kava Curious
I found out a dash of good quality McCormick cinnamon really helps the kava taste better. But some of the lower quality brands of cinnamon will make it taste worse LOL. But using ginger will help increase stomach acid and probably helps break down those kavalactones.

2104dawn

Earthling, kava fan, sleep ninja
Hi there - I'm gonna yry thos. I buy ginger in paste form, and have mint in my garden so will try in the next few days. I dont mind the taste of fresh kava much usually, but whwn doing a wash a few days later with what I've collected, the flavour could deffo be improved.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Where do you get ginger paste? The only ginger paste ive seen has salt in it and is designed for savored like sushi. Not ideal for kava