What's new

Forum News New Forum Feature

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you're like me and end up clicking "new posts" at the top quite often I have now installed a new feature that makes the navigation buttons at the top "float", or stay there at the top. So you can now be at the bottom of a long post, and still have the "new posts" button at the very top. It just makes moving around the forum easier.

Anyways, hope you guys and girls enjoy!

As always, thank you all for making this website what it is today. We can't do it without you :)

-Kapm

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have now set the resolution requirements for it to show at being greater than 1441 pixels of screen width. So anyone with a 1080P monitor should be seeing it. Anyone with less than 1080p should see everything as it was before.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If your screen resolution is over 1441 pixels wide you'll see it. Yours is under that resolution threshold. Deleted User let me know that with his screen the nav bar took up over a third of his screen, and I know how annoying that can be.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
If your screen resolution is over 1441 pixels wide you'll see it. Yours is under that resolution threshold. Deleted User let me know that with his screen the nav bar took up over a third of his screen, and I know how annoying that can be.
doah, sorry. You wrote 1441 and I read 1024. Sorry...

Duh.gif

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't see any difference, at normal sized browser, or full-screen. My screen is 1920x1200
I don't know if I would want to see it anyway.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Cool idea but Im having a problem on my cell phone..this phone is what Im useally on here with..when I use to go to type with phone sideways, I would be able to move the page enough so I could see what I was typing...now the bar at the top covers up the area between the keyboard on phone,and where your writing,lol... so doesnt work on cell if typing sideways...but works fine if you hold cell upright..

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Cool idea but Im having a problem on my cell phone..this phone is what Im useally on here with..when I use to go to type with phone sideways, I would be able to move the page enough so I could see what I was typing...now the bar at the top covers up the area between the keyboard on phone,and where your writing,lol... so doesnt work on cell if typing sideways...but works fine if you hold cell upright..
What type of phone are you using?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well, I figured out how to see it, found it annoying, and figured out how to not see it. Normally I have the text size fairly large, so there is not much blue sky and palm tree visible. I don't see the floating menu then; it remains at the top of the page as it should. If I do Crtl-Minus a couple times I see it floating there. I don't like it.

Last edited:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Wish I could figure out how to turn it off on a phone lol...im pretty much typing in the dark with eyes closed...then have to hold phone upright and go back and fix all the spelling errors lmao

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Its a Moto G...
I ask because supposedly it shouldn't show the floating bar if you're on a mobile platform. When you visit kavaforums, do you request the desktop version?

Also everyone, if you don't like it we can always disable it. It just seemed like I was scrolling a ton to go back to the "New posts" page.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Im not sure if I remeber seeing the desk top version or mobil.but if I had to guess it would be mobil...idk lol..
Is there a way to change between the two?