What's new

New guy

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
Hi all,
So I am new to Kava and stumbled across it completely by mistake, I've been looking for something to help me with my anxiety/ptsd for a while now and reading about it kava sounds ideal.
Just ordered a 1lb bag of squanch waka and an aluball shaker and cant wait for it to arrive.

What is the best dosage to start on as a beginner?

Thanks and look forward to getting to know you all.

Paul

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Start with 2 tbsps of medium grind per 1L of water. If you go significantly higher than, say, 4 tbsps and you get through reverse tolerance (if you have RT), kava will hit you too hard and you might not enjoy it as much. Try 2 tbsp, if you don't feel anything or if the effects aren't strong, work your way up. You may want to be gradual about it. Try 2 separate sessions with 2 tbsps, then 2 separate sessions with 3tbsp. This stuff takes time to figure out. Don't rush it. Kava doesn't want you to rush. Kava impairs your ability to rush, if anything.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I drink a minimum of 8 TBSP per 3 CUPS of water for one whole evening batch. If you're trying to have subtle effects throughout the whole day you'd have to use smaller or more dilute doses.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I drink a minimum of 8 TBSP per 3 CUPS of water for one whole evening batch. If you're trying to have subtle effects throughout the whole day you'd have to use smaller or more dilute doses.
I'm a lightweight compared to you! Last night I made a 5tbsp batch with a liter plus a liter 2nd wash mixed in.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Everyone has their personal dose and it takes some figuring for sure. Start with an empty stomach, OP, if you don't already know that. Keep from fresh fruit close by as a chaser or just to have on hand in case of nausea. Some people need to fast a long time and with some people, their stomach being too empty causes nausea. I'm personally the latter. Initially I think you should try fasting because that is easier to correct if needed.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
Everyone has their personal dose and it takes some figuring for sure. Start with an empty stomach, OP, if you don't already know that. Keep from fresh fruit close by as a chaser or just to have on hand in case of nausea. Some people need to fast a long time and with some people, their stomach being too empty causes nausea. I'm personally the latter. Initially I think you should try fasting because that is easier to correct if needed.
Thanks for the information, i actually didn't know that you have to have an empty stomach. But of a bummer really as will be drinking it at night after work and i won't be able to have any dinner lol.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Thanks for the information, i actually didn't know that you have to have an empty stomach. But of a bummer really as will be drinking it at night after work and i won't be able to have any dinner lol.
This may vary per person, but usually I have about 2-3 cups of kava before I eat anything. Having food in you typically means you're diluting the kava since it'll get absorbed at the same time as whatever food's in you. This is especially true with starchy food. But it doesn't hurt to eat after a few shells since you'll already have some kava in your system to make you relax. If's only if you want to be absolutely krunked that you decide to skip dinner.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
You don't have to have an empty stomach. However, having an empty stomach will increase the likelihood that you will experience immediately noticeable effects from kava, if that is what you are after. Having an empty stomach will help in getting more inebriated from kava, if that is your goal.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
You don't have to have an empty stomach. However, having an empty stomach will increase the likelihood that you will experience immediately noticeable effects from kava, if that is what you are after. Having an empty stomach will help in getting more inebriated from kava, if that is your goal.
Well id like to get the best effects but i don't think id like to drink it on an empty stomach in all fairness. I'll probably have something light earlier on and see how it goes to begin with.

Thanks for the advice