What's new

New here! Have never tried kava and curious about first true experiences...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For both the afternoon and evening sessions, we only had 2 cups each (about 5-6 ounces per cup) spaced about 20 minutes apart. Since we weren't sure what to expect, we didn't want to overdo it the first time.
a perfect plan, if I might add..... When you feel comfortable enough to go to the next step, that would be to increase the size of the first shell only, 50% more or twice as much, but then continue with a single shell at least 20 min apart, could be more if you prefer, 20 - 60 minutes apart, whatever feels most comfortable, and also depends on if you're doing something else. You can't do chores when couchlocked, but on a light mellow, chores just fly by and feel good.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
For both the afternoon and evening sessions, we only had 2 cups each (about 5-6 ounces per cup) spaced about 20 minutes apart. Since we weren't sure what to expect, we didn't want to overdo it the first time.
That's good thinking. I myself do about 20 minutes at the minimum. I've done cups of grog in quicker succession and I feel it hit too fast. If you really want to go to sleep, drink some grog at about 10 minute intervals and you'll be out like a light.

Aside: Is your avatar your dog? I love the ears!

Fiji42

Cautiously adventurous
That's good thinking. I myself do about 20 minutes at the minimum. I've done cups of grog in quicker succession and I feel it hit too fast. If you really want to go to sleep, drink some grog at about 10 minute intervals and you'll be out like a light.

Aside: Is your avatar your dog? I love the ears!
Yep - she's a Silken Windhound. Ridiculous breed name, ridiculous ears, but a great dog.