What's new

New kid on the block

Bula man!

Kava Curious
Hey everybody. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself and gain more knowledge about this plant. So anyway I've been drinking kava for a while, but only a kind from my local health food store(pretty sure it was mountain rose herbs) anyway I've also tried KBR Waka and that didn't have to much of an effect, at least not until I was using about a cup of powder. So a few days ago I ordered Boroguru and 3 Tbsp is enough for a good krunk and finally I'm seeing what kava is all about. If you more experienced kava drinkers could recommend another good kava I would appreciate it. Also I would like to know anything that you all think a (somewhat) novice kava drinker should know. Thanks

Bula man!

Kava Curious
read as much as possible, your mileage my vary, and the unwritten rule of this forum - drink, think, post. Hyperlinked from the old yuku forums :bookworm:
Ok thanks for the advice. There just isn't as much information available on kava it seems as opposed to many other herbs I have studied. yerba mate for example has tons of information. Also what is your favorite kava?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I like:
Wakacon Fiji Waka - great euphoric kava, hits you really frikin' hard
Stone - the title is pretty fitting for its effects
KBR Van3 - also euphoric

Also, YOU HAVE TO TRY NAMBAWAN (bula kava house) AND WOW (nakamal at home) AT LEAST ONCE!!!! they are mind blowing kavas.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find a lot of knowledge here and where to get the best kava or 'Awa as it is called here in Hawaii, aloha.

Chris

Bula man!

Kava Curious
I like:
Wakacon Fiji Waka - great euphoric kava, hits you really frikin' hard
Stone - the title is pretty fitting for its effects
KBR Van3 - also euphoric

Also, YOU HAVE TO TRY NAMBAWAN (bula kava house) AND WOW (nakamal at home) AT LEAST ONCE!!!! they are mind blowing kavas.
Thank for all of your suggestions everybody. And I am really excited to try nambawan but im saving it for when I go to key west and can just sit on the beach and chill all night. I cant wait! Also I've read mixed opinions regarding the wakacon. First how reliable are they and how high quality is the root?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
It's good. I've consumed probably 10lbs of it and their waka is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rooty

People are so unique in their choice of kava. Trying different strains and developing your own favs takes time. I enjoy mixing kava strains to get exactly the right feel. The forum is a great way to get ideas. Be patient, relax and enjoy. Definitely, Nambawan is a strong and well received Kava across the board. I remember my first kava evening, fun as hell, keep us updated on your ventures. always good to hear.:watching:

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
People are so unique in their choice of kava. Trying different strains and developing your own favs takes time. I enjoy mixing kava strains to get exactly the right feel. The forum is a great way to get ideas. Be patient, relax and enjoy. Definitely, Nambawan is a strong and well received Kava across the board. I remember my first kava evening, fun as hell, keep us updated on your ventures. always good to hear.:watching:
I only remember bits and pieces, i went full out lol.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome aboard! Glad we could get that internet explorer problem ironed out.

I'll have to also give the recommendation for Nambawan. Great kava. In fact, in the realms of kava taste...which honestly doesn't captivate me that much, it tastes much closer to fresh kava than any other powdered dry kava I've tried. Excellent strength paired with excellent (subjective) tastes is a win/win to me. Your bank account may not permit it being an every day kava, but it's worth a try.

Bula man!

Kava Curious
Thanks for all the replies guys. I am still shocked by the potency of Boroguru, however I pay a price with the naseau that comes with it. I'm looking into a higher kavain kava for my next purchase. Also I've decided to limit myself on usage to about 3-4 nights a week so I don't end up abusing this great plant. I'll be around on the forums but if I'm gone for a few days no worries.

infraredz

BULA!
Thanks for all the replies guys. I am still shocked by the potency of Boroguru, however I pay a price with the naseau that comes with it. I'm looking into a higher kavain kava for my next purchase. Also I've decided to limit myself on usage to about 3-4 nights a week so I don't end up abusing this great plant. I'll be around on the forums but if I'm gone for a few days no worries.
Of course, one can always count on me to give a resounding recommendation for Nambawan. That being said, Boroguru is more "potent" in the way of effects in some ways. Boroguru (IME) is a very potent heavy kava (high on the sedation, muscle relaxation and general melting-in-couch effect) whereas Nambawan is almost mellow in its potency.

When you talk about nausea, is it from the grog itself or something that lasts for a while afterward? I've found that real ginger (not diluted ginger ale, although Reeds makes a mean extra strength Ginger ale) will kill almost any nausea caused from local effects (as opposed to nausea from the CNS). Also, don't worry about abusing kava. There are many of us on here, myself included, who are in recovery and former addicts. We have all found it to be a miracle herb considering how "self-regulating" it is in terms of dosage and frequency of use. If there was anyone that could abuse or get addicted to something, it would be me (and probably a few others would agree).

krunkedout

Kava Lover
welcome to the wonderful world of kava! sorry to hear of your experience with kbr fiji waka, however it doesn't entirely surprise me. If you really want a good fiji waka, see if paradise kava has any of their famous fiji in stock, awesome stuff. Another one of my all time favorites is koniak, one of the strongest kavas i have ever had for the price.