What's new

New member here.

ndsports

Hi All,

I am a new member here from Chicago, IL. I have suffer from general anxiety and social anxiety with mild depression my entire life. I feel like these have put such a damper on my life and I need to take control over my life again. For years I've been debating going back on medication. I used to be on medication when I was in middle school but have sense been medication free. I tried a generic form of zoloft about 4 years ago and it turned me into a zombie. I read about Kava and I am a bit overwhelmed on how to to get started. I feel the prep of kava is a little too difficult for me to do everyday, but saw this cool new idea of Kavafied AluBall Kava Maker that might seem to be the easiest method for me to start. I see that gourmet hawaiian kava has a sample pack.
I am confused on which sample pack would work best with Aluball? Medium, Instant, or Micronized?
Update: Upon reading a few more new members, it appears that Medium grind would go with the Aluball and instant would be if i just wanted to mix it in water without the aluball. Of course I would want to find the easiest method for best bang of the buck.

I am also confused on how much a monthly supply technically would be and how much one should consume each day.

Last edited:

schatz

itchin for kava
Hi All,

I am a new member here from Chicago, IL. I have suffer from general anxiety and social anxiety with mild depression my entire life. I feel like these have put such a damper on my life and I need to take control over my life again. For years I've been debating going back on medication. I used to be on medication when I was in middle school but have sense been medication free. I tried a generic form of zoloft about 4 years ago and it turned me into a zombie. I read about Kava and I am a bit overwhelmed on how to to get started. I feel the prep of kava is a little too difficult for me to do everyday, but saw this cool new idea of Kavafied AluBall Kava Maker that might seem to be the easiest method for me to start. I see that gourmet hawaiian kava has a sample pack. I am confused on which sample pack would work best with Aluball? Instant, or Micronized?

I am also confused on how much a monthly supply technically would be and how much one should consume each day.
Welcome, I am also a newbie and have had great results with Kava and other herbals. Me and my daughter who is 18 and suffered with anxiety her whole life went to Kava in January and love its results. Just keep reading on techniques for prepping and dosing and you will have a great adventure and experience. The Allu ball does work incredibly well and easy to use, but GHK and other vendors sell whats called instabt Kava wich can just be stirred in with alittle water. I am recommending this to my friends as they are now becoming interested to try after seeing my results. Good luck and just keep asking questions or read on here, this is agreat forum with loads of info and great members to answer questions.

D

Deleted User01

@ndsports, welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you find a solution. Ok, I don't have time for Prep most of the time and that's why I do 1 tablespoon of GHK Micronized in a tiny white dixie cup of water. 2 quick gulps and I'm done. Wash out the mouth and wash out the cup and I'm back at my desk. You could also try instant Kava or even Kava Candy. So you pay a little more for convenience but time is money.
P.S. Pro tip on stirring kava in a tiny dixie cup, use half a chopstick. A spoon will make a mess.

P.S. 1. I'm currently researching and practicing meditation and doing breathing exercises to cope with stress. Go to ThriftBooks.com and pick up some cheap books or go to the library. You can't drink kava all day long. Or can you? I can't. Add some Yoga and some exercise while you are at it. These kinds of problems don't have 1 single solution and you might look at your diet as well.

P.S. 2. @schatz, great story about you and your daughter. Lends credence to the "bad gene" theory and helps people realize that they were born with this "feature" and it's not their fault.

D

Deleted User01

Hmmm, I have been drinking for 2-3 years now and I can get away with as little as 1 tablespoon. I do kava 4-5 times a week and I have some wine or a whisky cocktail on my non-kava days. I would say no more than 60-70 bucks a month on GHK Micronized Kava. Now, let me say a few things. First, my tolerance to all drugs and alcohol has gone down as of late. Also, 1 tablespoon of Kava does give me effects and I will sleep good no matter what. Two tablespoons means that I took 1 tablespoon of Mo'i in the middle of the afternoon like some people take coffee. Then 1 tablespoon of Nene before supper to insure that I sleep like a log. But even 1 the afternoon Mo'i will still tuck me in at night.

S

Summer

Welcome. I prefer instants but they are pretty expensive. Second would be traditional prep. You can get the best effects from traditional, I think, it's just not super convenient to make at all times. But once you find your favorite strain(s), it is actually a calming process to knead it. I can't use the Aluball because for some reason, it lets just enough sediment through for me to give me breakouts in my skin and funky ear problems for days. But you should try it if you can, everyone else seems to have really good results. I think I am super sensitive to sediment and even micros with the macas removed cause me to have these symptoms. So I stick with traditional or instant. Good luck to you.