What's new

New Member / Kava Newbie

M

Metchit

Got my kava as well!
this stuff is pretty hard to drink! :eek:

feeling more relaxed.. really cant wait to get through this RT!

violet

Do all things with love
Hey @Alien, I'm trying to find one of these to try out. Are there different sizes? I found one that says "High Performance" and another that says "High Performance Large Capacity". Do you know what your bag dimensions are? Thanks.
I got my Tide Wash Bag at Walmart for $3-something. It says the dimensions are 15"x18", that sounds about right.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
My Nambawan is still in transit. I'll let you know when it arrives. Enjoy! I'm enjoying some Melo Melo this evening. Feeling pretty damn good listening to Pearl Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
My Nambawan is still in transit. I'll let you know when it arrives. Enjoy! I'm enjoying some Melo Melo this evening. Feeling pretty damn good listening to Pearl Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I drank a bunch of instant earlier and flipped on some Floyd ..for some reason comfortably numb seemed appropriate

Kovet da Kava

Kava Curious
Melo Melo is a pretty good kava. I was supposed to get some koniak today but it never showed which is weird because last week I ordered on a Wednesday late afternoon and my Melo showed up Saturday. Ordered the Koniak Wednesday late afternoon but no Kava today. I live in Idaho which is only one state away from Oregon so who knows. It shipped on Wednesday but is still in Boise. I also got my lab tests back and all of my stats are back to normal.:)

D

Deleted User01

Headhodge, I'm going to go out on a limb and postulate that he has another life. Perhaps a job or a term paper looking him straight in the eye. The ones who hang here (like myself) are on the computer all day long so it's natural thang. Anyway, I hope that is all that is keeping him off the Forum.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Wonder what happened to @Alien? I was enjoying his inquisitiveness. Maybe went back to the home planet. :cautious:
Hello, everyone. I have taken a bit of a break from kava and it's been due to a couple of reasons. For one, I was consuming way too much to 'break through' and found myself a little too krunked and with mild hangover effects some ~12 days ago or so (probably when I last posted). More importantly than that, however, I have started a new job. You see, I had been laid off with pay for 8-weeks and encouraged to find other opportunities within the company or, at the end of said 8 weeks, accept a severance package of around $20,000. I took another job within the company and keep my salary of approximately $55k/year. This job started a couple of days after my last post here.

The new job I have is incredibly stressful and as such you'd think I would be consuming kava again. Well... The smell and thought of the smell and/or taste has been enough to make me feel disgusted. I never started to gag with kava but the smell and taste have always bothered me. I can consume it with little to no tasting by holding my nose and chasing it but the process of making up a batch pretty much requires you to take in the fumes quite a bit. I don't think I'd ever literally get sick but the whole process and thought of the smell and taste has put me off for a bit.

Today I did go ahead and take 4g of PK's extract. I had some mildly relaxing feelings that led me into dozing off a couple of times on my couch while watching TV after giving my dog a bath. Today I am off work, of course. I sure hope bags of kava powder last for a very long time because I don't think I'll be consuming all of my stock for a very, very long time. I could always make ice cubes but I'd rather not have to.

Anyway-- I'm alive. And today is Alien Abduction Day!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_Abduction_Day

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Sorry to hear about that man. I definitely understand that...unfortunately sometimes when you're really unsettled the last thing you want to do is sit down and knead a bunch of kava. Hope you can get back to it shortly.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Sorry to hear about that man. I definitely understand that...unfortunately sometimes when you're really unsettled the last thing you want to do is sit down and knead a bunch of kava. Hope you can get back to it shortly.
For sure! I'm off work again tomorrow and Saturday (my schedule is now 3 days on, 3 days off). I've got to run some errands tomorrow but I will get that out of the way shortly after waking up and eating a light breakfast. I am planning on whipping up a batch of some Melo Melo or Boroguru and continuing my adventure. I do not want to go as crazy as I had been though.

All jobs are stressful. My new job is more stressful than my last but at least it will provide me with some more time off due to the better schedule. It's all good. I'm in good spirits. I was more or less trying to make the point that I didn't have a job at the time I was posting here a lot and now that I do I don't have as much time to visit. :happy:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Actually now that I read that post it's kind of weird. ("Sorry to hear you got a high paying job!") I am a little under the influence, you know.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Actually now that I read that post it's kind of weird. ("Sorry to hear you got a high paying job!") I am a little under the influence, you know.
Eh, it's great pay for this area of the country where the cost of living is pretty low (Oklahoma). I don't like to talk a lot about my job and work in general though. I'm one of those who doesn't talk about home at work and doesn't talk about work at home. It drives my family crazy because whenever I meet up with them it's all they want to talk about. Especially my mother. I'm 32 but I go out to lunch and dinner with my mom a lot and am over at her house typically once a week.

Anyway, glad to hear you're having a good time. I am just about to go to bed and watch tv until I fall asleep. I'm fairly tired.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Alien it's good to hear that all is well with you. Thanks for letting us know. Don't give up on Kava unless you really need to, it's helped me a great deal but took me awhile to get there. Just take it easy and don't force it.

Regards

Alien

Kava Newbie
@Alien it's good to hear that all is well with you. Thanks for letting us know. Don't give up on Kava unless you really need to, it's helped me a great deal but took me awhile to get there. Just take it easy and don't force it.

Regards
I'm preparing some Melo Melo right now. I have forgotten the differences between Melo Melo and Boroguru. Currently have 1 cup Melo Melo with 1.75 cups of warm water and a quarter cup of 2% milk soaking. I'm about to begin the kneading process. Stomach is empty as well so this should hit pretty good.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
BKH's Boroguru is absolutely the best for unplugging and becoming part of the couch. The muscle relaxing properties aside, I love what it does for anxiety :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alien

Kava Newbie
BKH's Boroguru is absolutely the best for unplugging and becoming part of the couch. The muscle relaxing properties aside, I love what it does for anxiety :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In total today I've consumed 1 cup worth of Melo Melo drink and 1/2 a cup of Boroguru. The Melo Melo was more heady and sedating for sure. The Boroguru seems to have given me a bit of energy and isn't very heady at all.

I still don't feel experienced enough to write some proper reviews but I'm definitely past the RT phase from a couple weeks ago.