Change background image

New product from Vanuatu

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by nabanga, Jul 18, 2018.

1. nabanga

nabanga Kava Enthusiast

Just picked up some of this - hopefully it will stop my young kids from bouncing off the walls for an hour or two whilst I have my evening session..[​IMG]

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
  2. Zaphod

Zaphod Kava Enthusiast

Good luck! Dark chocolate along with my kava tends to perk me up and amplify the euphoria just a bit. Your kids might bounce off the walls even more!
    Intrepidus_dux and nabanga like this.
  3. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

isn't the pacific full of all sorts of kava chews and candies and gum and such, much of it made in China from (dubious?) extract? Not that all of it is suspect, but some is. This being handmade in Vanuatu might be different, but how many people in Vanuatu need to be told that Bislama is a language spoken in Vanuatu? This might be for other markets? I'm probably just paranoid about anything where I don't know for sure what it is.
    Ena Barry likes this.
  4. nabanga

nabanga Kava Enthusiast

It is for the tourist/expat market,of course, but is a niche product being made with cocoa beans from Aore island in a small family run business on Aore. They do a range of chocolates with local ingredients (ginger, tamarind etc), not only kava. It's expensive too, but won some international chocolate awards of some kind recently, so thought I'd get some. (I haven't ever seen any other kava candy/chew/gimmick in Vanuatu since the cruise-ship targeted Kava Store in Vila shut down a couple of years ago - all that stuff is for the overseas market only).

It was nice chocolate, with a noticeable kava tongue tingle, but didn't stop the kids bouncing off the walls one bit, so the kava content is only for taste not effect. Back to the drawing board!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
  5. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

sounds like I want a few cases :)

It's a beautiful package.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  6. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

Kava added for taste alone ?
    NEVER thought I'd hear that, LOL
    Ena Barry and recentreturn like this.
  7. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

SelfBiasResistor and Krunʞy like this.
  8. Henry

Henry Kava Enthusiast Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

Beautiful packaging and an interesting story. However, mixing kava with cocoa is a rather strange idea considering the fact that nobody drinks kava for its taste. But I guess it might be a nice souvenir for someone and they might succeed in selling it in America (as it would be illegal to sell it in NZ or Australia).
    Ena Barry likes this.
  9. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

They have a noni flavoured version! Have you ever tasted noni? :yuck:
  10. Henry

Henry Kava Enthusiast Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

Yes. One of the few things in this world that tastes worse than kava.
    kasa_balavu likes this.
  11. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Oh my goodness. I'd rather have balolo flavoured kava chocolate.
    nabanga and kasa_balavu like this.
  12. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

Never thought I'd see balolo mentioned on kavaforums :)
    kastom_lif likes this.