What's new

New to Kava (kinda)

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
Hi there! Excited to be On this forum and looking forward to learning more about kava. I’ve known about it for years but never decided to give it a go until had a reason to. Basically, looked for ways to cut anxiety pharmaceuticals out of my life and have almost done that on my own with nothing. Came across the Kavaseur reviews while researching kava which really sparked my interest.

Anyway, after purchasing my fisrt few kava products and trying them- KWK concentrate, Vula Waka ground, kava candies, and some Borongoru, I have not quite found my sweet spot in terms of anxiety relief but feel like I’m closing in on something good.

Should I mostly be targeting heavy varieties? That was my assumption since relaxation and sedation is my goal. Let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks
El Guapo

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi there! Excited to be On this forum and looking forward to learning more about kava. I’ve known about it for years but never decided to give it a go until had a reason to. Basically, looked for ways to cut anxiety pharmaceuticals out of my life and have almost done that on my own with nothing. Came across the Kavaseur reviews while researching kava which really sparked my interest.

Anyway, after purchasing my fisrt few kava products and trying them- KWK concentrate, Vula Waka ground, kava candies, and some Borongoru, I have not quite found my sweet spot in terms of anxiety relief but feel like I’m closing in on something good.

Should I mostly be targeting heavy varieties? That was my assumption since relaxation and sedation is my goal. Let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks
El Guapo
Welcome guapito, looks like your instincts are serving you well.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support

Thanks
El Guapo
I'd say targeting heavy kavas is not the worst idea. Heady kavas can be very anxiolytic just like heavy kavas but overly heady may do more "harm" than good. Here are a couple ideas, one may work better for you than the others, but each person is different:
1. Buy a heady variety of kava like Pouni Ono or Loa Waka and mix it with a heavy kava. Experiment with different ratios.
2. Buy a balanced kava and either drink it on its own or mix it with a heavy kava. Examples of balanced kavas include Borogu, Honokane Iki (I feel this is heavier on me myself, but...) and Mahakea.
3. Drink a kava with lower kavalactone content. The rationale here is that if you drink something weaker at regular intervals throughout the day, even if it's a heady variety, you shouldn't feel any anxiety. Any kind of lawena would work well with this strategy. You can also make weaker grogs with higher kavalactone-content medium grind.