What's new

New to Kava - Questions - Paradise brand?

T

Tasha R.

So I first got introduced to Kava through the yogi brand of tea. After doing endless amounts of research, I quickly realized I wanted the "real" stuff.

So! I ordered a lb of the premium Fiji kava from paradise kava. It was basically all I could find. I got it on sale for like $50.

It hasn't gotten here yet, but I was wondering how good of a brand it is and what effects can I expect? Is it more mind or body or both?

I should also say I have been a hard core drinker for about 8 years out of my life. I recently quit drinking (as in 17 days ago, yes, I know) - and it's largely due to me drinking teas. So I'm super excited to get my hands on the real stuff. I've suffered from anxiety for a long time.

After I run out of the paradise brand, which one should I try next?

Thanks! (oh and I have no idea what most of you science people are talking about with the colors ect.) :)

T

Tasha R.

whew @Roaddog, that's some expensive stuff! Does it take less to feel the effects or something? I have zero clue what micronized means.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Paradise kava carries highest of quality products. The Fijian is a great start. Plenty strong and very balanced. If you liked yogi teas kava, you're going to flip out for the real thing.

T

Tasha R.

@Kapmcrunk I'm very very excited. Do you have a specific kind you'd recommend? I ordered this for myself on my birthday the 31st. It says it can take three weeks to deliver. :eek: I'm tempted to go ahead and order something else and see which one gets here first. I'm slightly impatient by nature.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome to the impatient club! I want my orders a day before I order them. Are you in the United States?

T

Tasha R.

Yes its a bit pricy, but it good stuff. Here is a ink to the cheap stuff. Its safe, and Nobel. I test all Kavas that come in my house. Here is a link Amazon product Much love. Roaddog....
But Awe, I want the good good stuff. ha. Plus I'm working on getting my husband onto the Kava train so I need something that will kick his big ass at least once so he can stop rolling his eyes at my "teas". And I mean that in the most positive way possible. ;)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nakamal At home would be your absolute fastest option, followed by Bula kava house, followed by our Hawaiian vendors. I personally love boroguru from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Takes about a week to get it from him though. Click through our vendor list and read some reviews. We pride ourselves in our honest reviews. Any vendor you find on our site we can vouch for the quality of personally.

T

Tasha R.

Nakamal At home would be your absolute fastest option, followed by Bula kava house, followed by our Hawaiian vendors. I personally love boroguru from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Takes about a week to get it from him though. Click through our vendor list and read some reviews. We pride ourselves in our honest reviews. Any vendor you find on our site we can vouch for the quality of personally.
I will absolutely do that. Thanks!

T

Tasha R.

oh, and i just ordered some boroguru!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Don't stop now, there's so many mooooreee...Mahakea from GHK is my favorite, it never let's me down...it's distinctly more effective on me than most other kavas for some reason.

eyemgh

Kava Curious
Welcome! My advice as a fellow newbie is don't go overboard with purchases until you've tried some. You could be sitting on a bunch of something that you can't stand. Second, hone your technique and be patient. Each of your first few batches will be different as you sort it out. Good luck! Enjoy!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
@Tasha R. Pretty much any kava from a vendor here will be "the good stuff". But Paradise Kava is among the the very best you can get.

Welcome to the forums. *leg hug* ::awesomesmiles::

Roaddog

Kava Who?
But Awe, I want the good good stuff. ha. Plus I'm working on getting my husband onto the Kava train so I need something that will kick his big ass at least once so he can stop rolling his eyes at my "teas". And I mean that in the most positive way possible. ;)
I realize you want your hubby, to get the most out of his experience. I agree that with @shakas, ...Mahakea from GHK, is one of the best. I have an order of micro coming. But don't dismiss the Amazon Cheap stuff. The link I gave you is good Kava. It often does not get the recognition, I think it deserves. I find it to be some of the best, strongest, kavas out there. I would even go so far to say, its my favorite, kava so far!!!! Now don't get me wrong. I order a lot of kava, from GHK, also. Also I have ordered from BKH. Both are great kavas. I'm just saying, we often just through Wakacon, under the buss. Don't know why, I guess its just because its from Amazon. I find the shipping is fast. usually 3 days. I have a wife who drinks kava, so we go through a lot. I always cant afford 50 bucks a pound. So We drink a lot of the cheap stuff. But if it was bad kava, I would not drink it. As I said before. I find there kava to be as strong as any of the great venders, for half the price. But on that same not, I have some Mahakea Micro, from GHK I'm waiting on the mailman for. So I do it like this, I drink the cheap stuff 4 or 5 days a week. I treat my self to the GHK, or BKH, 2 0r 3 days a week. Always trying to order deferent varieties, from the good venders. Much love. Roaddog...

T

Tasha R.

I realize you want your hubby, to get the most out of his experience. I agree that with @shakas, ...Mahakea from GHK, is one of the best. I have an order of micro coming. But don't dismiss the Amazon Cheap stuff. The link I gave you is good Kava. It often does not get the recognition, I think it deserves. I find it to be some of the best, strongest, kavas out there. I would even go so far to say, its my favorite, kava so far!!!! Now don't get me wrong. I order a lot of kava, from GHK, also. Also I have ordered from BKH. Both are great kavas. I'm just saying, we often just through Wakacon, under the buss. Don't know why, I guess its just because its from Amazon. I find the shipping is fast. usually 3 days. I have a wife who drinks kava, so we go through a lot. I always cant afford 50 bucks a pound. So We drink a lot of the cheap stuff. But if it was bad kava, I would not drink it. As I said before. I find there kava to be as strong as any of the great venders, for half the price. But on that same not, I have some Mahakea Micro, from GHK I'm waiting on the mailman for. So I do it like this, I drink the cheap stuff 4 or 5 days a week. I treat my self to the GHK, or BKH, 2 0r 3 days a week. Always trying to order deferent varieties, from the good venders. Much love. Roaddog...
That's a great idea to spread it out like that. Okay, I will get the amazon kava too. And yes, you caught me being an amazon snob even though I'm a prime member and use it all the time ha!!! Shame on me.

T

Tasha R.

Welcome! My advice as a fellow newbie is don't go overboard with purchases until you've tried some. You could be sitting on a bunch of something that you can't stand. Second, hone your technique and be patient. Each of your first few batches will be different as you sort it out. Good luck! Enjoy!
Sound advice, thanks. :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
@Tasha R. Your Hubby is one of those huh...

*rolls up my sleeves*

There are prep methods and cultivars out there that have the potential to totally floor him. The only issues is it may induce a speedy emptying of his stomach content if it's too strong and he's not accustomed to it.