What's new

New to the forum!/ Thoughts on powdered kava extracts?

Hey guys!

I'm new here and a big fan of kava. I like to make drinks with micronized kava and coconut milk or sometimes juice, but my friends say the bitter taste is still too much. I see powdered kava concentrates like this and I wonder, with a 70% kavalactone content, I could add less and still get the desired effects.

I don't mind the bitter taste personally, but looking to make something I can share. Any thoughts on the taste of concentrates (especially powdered concentrates)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey guys!

I'm new here and a big fan of kava. I like to make drinks with micronized kava and coconut milk or sometimes juice, but my friends say the bitter taste is still too much. I see powdered kava concentrates like this and I wonder, with a 70% kavalactone content, I could add less and still get the desired effects.

I don't mind the bitter taste personally, but looking to make something I can share. Any thoughts on the taste of concentrates (especially powdered concentrates)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Don't buy extracts, it is not kava, you are not getting the same thing, the 70% is meaningless. Instead, get some GHK Mahakea or a light Fijian Lewena, I recommend Squanch, will be hard to go wrong with either one. The Hawaiian kava will be smoothest.

Don't buy extracts, it is not kava, you are not getting the same thing, the 70% is meaningless. Instead, get some GHK Mahakea or a light Fijian Lewena, I recommend Squanch, will be hard to go wrong with either one. The Hawaiian kava will be smoothest.

Thanks for those suggestions. I'm interested to try those products!