What's new

New to the Forum

Slacker007

Good Morning Guys and Girls, new to the Forum and doing my research prior to buying, figured I would join being I have been lurking as a guest the last couple of days. Looking forward to this Journey and help with the Miriad of mental and physical issues I have from PTSD to neuropathic pain. I can’t stand taking meds and prefer natural alternatives so here I am.
I am also one of those that loves to embrace traditional ways of things I.E. I eat my Chinese and sushi with chopsticks only. So I’m looking forward to ordering and processing and downing a few shells.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Good Morning Guys and Girls, new to the Forum and doing my research prior to buying, figured I would join being I have been lurking as a guest the last couple of days. Looking forward to this Journey and help with the Miriad of mental and physical issues I have from PTSD to neuropathic pain. I can’t stand taking meds and prefer natural alternatives so here I am.
I am also one of those that loves to embrace traditional ways of things I.E. I eat my Chinese and sushi with chopsticks only. So I’m looking forward to ordering and processing and downing a few shells.
Glad to have you! Welcome aboard.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
You're in good hands! I'm no expert but you've got no shortage of veterans who can help you out. No two kava drinkers are exactly alike and you may find you don't like the stuff. I haven't had any kava lately but this community is too great to not fuss about. But if you decide to go on a potentially life-long journey with kava, you're in for a trip! Just be talkative enough that others may gain insight from you just as you've presumably learned a lot lurking about these forums and reading about others' experiences.

If you're looking for a good initial investment into kava, @Kavafied 's strainer bag and AluBottle shakers are great! The strainer bag is specifically for traditional kava preparation and it caters to multiple quantities of kava for however much you want to prepare, whether for your lonesome or if you have lots of company who are interested in partaking. The AluBottle may be a great solution for work or at least for quicker preparation at home. Most of the crowd here will tell you if you have an AluBottle to get a 2nd AluBall to go with it, but that's up to you on how strong you want your grog.

Regarding the traditional method of eating sushi, the Japanese actually ate their sushi back in the day with their fingers. Most varieties of sushi rolls are small enough that they could be comfortably held between the fingers but are a bit unwieldy with chopsticks. However, in contemporary times, even in Japan, it is common to eat both ways if the roll pieces are small enough; Try eating a hand roll with chopsticks! Other than stuff like hand rolls, it's a matter of personal preference. Generally eating sushi with fingers is only expected at higher-end sushi joints over there. I do applaud your use of chopsticks for eating Asian food though! I grew up using chopsticks at Chinese restaurants myself.

At any rate, welcome aboard and bula! :)