What's new

new to this forum seeking answers

befreehi

got introduced to kava few weeks ago. currently taking "mahakea" in capsule form. for how bad i believe my anxiety level is my doctor doesnt think so ive been on xanax 0.25 doses 3 times a day. my doctor didnt want to increase my dose. she didnt even bother running "tests" on me. im 27 years old, father of 3. i get paranoid in crowds as if i feel i cant breathe at times. during my sons sports games im that one parent who is quiet who doesnt root for his kids or encourage them when they make a mistake as i get scared of everyone looking at me if i was to yell something to my kid. i do alot of driving for my job. theres times i have negative thoughts in my mind or im always worrying or overthinking things making it hard to focus at times. i always worrying alot too. i always get a thought in my head of how people would react if i was to die. as for the mahakea capsules i take 8 in the morning and 8 in the afternoon. my sleep has been much better but as for my anxiety its still sort ofthere just not as bad. would like help if anyone recommends another strain. mon-fri i start work average 6am and getting off around 3 or 4. i prefer capsules as its easier for me during my busy schedule. for my condition its hard to be the only dad who doesnt come on the the field during his sons practices/games to play ball with him or give him advice in the sport due to my anxiety level and the fear of all the other parents looking at me. aloha

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi! welcome to the forum :) Where do you get your capsules from? I am not a big fan of capsules as they just seem to be way too weak. Have you considered using instant or micronised? Very convenient forms and you've got heaps of different options depending on what specific effects you need. Alternatively you may consider purchasing some traditional root and preparing it using the famous Aluball..

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
^ What he said about the Aluball you def need something portable and easy to use. You sound like a perfect candidate to try that out. If you're capping Mahakea yourself with medium grind root I would venture to say you're not getting the most out of your kava that way. It actually doesn't take long at all to prepare a good amount of kava the traditional squeeze/strain way. I have my prep down to about 10 minutes total it's something you can do in the evening in preparation for work the next day. That or think about trying Micronized kava you can dump into a water/juice bottle and shake it then drink it. I actually will use a 32 ounce juice container of sorts and dump 2-3 tablespoons of medium grind in a small strainer bag and tie it closed then leave it in the bottle with water. Shake and drink. I know, it's the cheapo version of what the aluball does - albeit not as convenient as that appears to be and I'm not able to easily dump the leftover root when finished with it...

Anxiety is what led me to kava in the first place and i've tried quite a number of different kinds. My go-to's of late are Kalm With Kava's Borogu or Tongan. Right now I have Bula Kava House Nangol Noble and it's been really good for anxiety. A small serving really sets my day straight if I'm having a stressful work day. Whatever it ends up being hope you find something that works for you.

befreehi

ive been capping them myself. both mahakea and moi i have micronized. the moi just came in the mail today. i already capped some for my work day tomorrow. is there any cappers out there. i cap them in 00 size capsules. since last week i been taking 12 morning and 12 in the afternoon. seeing if anyone has correct doses that are similar or recommend different doses. mahao!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Try out an alu-ball shaker bottle for kava on the go. Just add your root powder, add water, shake it and go.

(y)

Welcome to the tribe. ::happyshell::

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
ive been capping them myself. both mahakea and moi i have micronized. the moi just came in the mail today. i already capped some for my work day tomorrow. is there any cappers out there. i cap them in 00 size capsules. since last week i been taking 12 morning and 12 in the afternoon. seeing if anyone has correct doses that are similar or recommend different doses. mahao!
Hey there!

When I started with kava, I did cap my root as an experiment, and it worked well as long as it was micronized or instant. The unfortunate part of this is that you have to swallow so many pills!

I stopped because it was far more of a hassle than it was worth (for me anyways).

Measure out a tablespoon of micronized root and see how many pills that would be. I would take a tablespoons worth every twenty minutes until you feel comfortable. I would bet that 3 or 4 tablespoons worth will be what you'll like, but take it slow and easy, and don't take too much at once; just small increments until you find your sweet spot.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Capsules suck. It takes like an hour in order for them to kick in, and even then the feeling is weak. Just mix the micro with some water. It'll kick in as soon as you drink it (y).

blindy107

Kava Lover
Capsules suck. As stated lots to swallow. Slow digestion at times. If you already have the micro you have better options imo.

Take a small bottled beverage of your choice. Drink a little off the top. Add your micro. Shake and bring like a water bottle. Be careful with kava and driving please.

Cody

Kava Curious
@befreehi Welcome to the forum! I'm relatively new myself but completely understand where you're coming from with the anxiety. That's part of what got me into Kava as well. I've been using micronized Borogu and Borongoru and, although I've noticed somewhat of a difference, I still don't think the kavalactones have built up enough for me to reap the full benefits. However, I get pretty significant social anxiety as well (my heart starts racing sometimes and it's like parts of my brain shut off) and the kava has at least helped to where I can still feel relatively calm. I don't get that electric shock of anxiety so often but like you mentioned, it's still there. I would say to keep trying and as everyone else says, "when you finally start really feeling the effects, you'll know".

Another alternative that was helpful to me but others may frown upon is mitragyna speciosa. It can be physically addicting but was helpful in aiding relaxation, just use caution.

They say that when you have severe adhd that is untreated, it can eventually turn into anxiety problems. Maybe that's an underlying issue as well?

Either way, best of luck!

befreehi

thanks everyone for your info. been really busy with my work schedule and kids sports. fyi just got news that God is blessing us with our 3rd little one:). this past sunday was our first football game at 8am. woke up at 630am and took 12 mo'i. as for this strain on the field it had no effect. my heart racing at full speed and the whole time the fear of the crowd just staring at me standing there on the field. i was at the point where i was more focused what to stare at so people dont judge me. looking to take my micronized kava with me during my work day and just mixing it in a 12 oz water bottle. ill be buying a case of purified water. any measurements/doses you folks recommend with 12 oz of water? once again big thanks for all your inputs in this forum:)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
It's not something that will just happen. It does take some percistence.

Throw a couple tablespoons in that 12 oz. of water. Use that as a base line and go up or down from there...probably up.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
thanks everyone for your info. been really busy with my work schedule and kids sports. fyi just got news that God is blessing us with our 3rd little one:). this past sunday was our first football game at 8am. woke up at 630am and took 12 mo'i. as for this strain on the field it had no effect. my heart racing at full speed and the whole time the fear of the crowd just staring at me standing there on the field. i was at the point where i was more focused what to stare at so people dont judge me. looking to take my micronized kava with me during my work day and just mixing it in a 12 oz water bottle. ill be buying a case of purified water. any measurements/doses you folks recommend with 12 oz of water? once again big thanks for all your inputs in this forum:)
Congrats! Just throw in 1-2 tablespoons. It's quick and easy.