What's new

Newbie to Kava - receiving Instant Kava Powder tomorrow - quick question?

I want to mix into one-gallon jug of water and flavor it with Crystal Light.
Any tips? For example how many tablespoons of powder per gallon of water before chilling in the refrigerator?
Thanks!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I want to mix into one-gallon jug of water and flavor it with Crystal Light.
Any tips? For example how many tablespoons of powder per gallon of water before chilling in the refrigerator?
Thanks!
Lucky for you I make my kava in liters or half liters so this should be a pretty straight forward conversion. :)

It is easier to wash kava one liter at a time. (adapt to w/e works for you)

The recipe is flexible and you should always adjust for taste and effects. Use 30-50 grams of kava on the first liter, wash it thoroughly using a 75 micron bag. On the second wash and for the second liter, use the same pulp from the first wash, add and additional 10-20 grams, around the midpoint, so after the second litter, dump the makas out (in separate container for another time) and add 30-50 grams again and repeat. Make four liters, chug a few shells to approve your brew and you should have a gallon or 3.86 liters.

You can add your flavorings after mixing it all, in your case and Crystal light, you can add it at the end, start with less and again adjust the amount of Crystal light that it takes to make it drinkable for you. Drinking it or chugging it (depending on you) is better if the brew is ice cold!

Enjoy! ::KavaChug::

A couple things to always remember regardless of how much you brew, always use cold water and try really hard to use the proper strainer - 75 micron. They are easy to find on Amazon. Kneading that much at once will take around 30 minutes, it is a wonderful time to meditate, listen to music, or whatever puts a smile on your face.

Save the above for future reference, medium grind kava is the way to go (not micronized, that is not real instant kava).

To your question about instant kava, don't make a liter unless you have a ton of instant kava, like over a pound. Otherwise, mix 2 tablespoons with 8-10 oz ice cold filtered water. mix and add flavorings after thoroughly mixing the instant.

I misread the title and hence the long post lol...

faldho

Kava Curious
To your question about instant kava, don't make a liter unless you have a ton of instant kava, like over a pound. Otherwise, mix 2 tablespoons with 8-10 oz ice cold filtered water. mix and add flavorings after thoroughly mixing the instant.
lol let's hope they read the bold text first