What's new

Newbie's First Impressions

KavaDan

Hello All,

Totally new to kava and just received my first order of micronized Melomelo and Borogu. Tried the former about 20 minutes ago using 2 heaping teaspoonfuls in about 6 oz of ice tea. Earthy taste for sure, not unpleasant but not appealing either. Tongue went bit numb and I couldn't even taste the cheese crackers I had immediately afterward.

Going to see how well my GI tract tolerates this before I try another glass; but so far so good. Not noticing any heady effects yet.

Cheers,

KD

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
Have had two more glasses since that first one and so far no GI issues. By the third glass, noticed a bit of pleasant heady effect. All in all, so far I like this drink. Hoping I don't awake w/ hangover in the a.m. BTW, is this stuff supposed to positively effect one's libido?
To your last question, it does mine in a good way. Don't overdue or combine alcohol with it, stay hydrated get a good sleep and you will feel great in the am. I combined alcohol with Kava, felt great at the time, not so much the next day.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I found the opposite effect on libido but that may well have been to do with prolonged daily use of good quantities of strong heavy kavas combined with lack of exercise and stress from work in a middle aged man :-( . I have found that with improved diet and exercise and introducing more balanced kavas into my selection the problem has eased significantly.