What's new

News from Kava symposium in Fiji March 5-7, 2014

LocalBliss

Finder of the Samoan Kava
I cannot afford to go to the Kava symposium in Fiji next week but please post here any news or developments about the latest research. I am very curious to find out what the scientists found out in their tests.

Hopefully it would exonerate Kava from the "black list". Imagine if they outlaw kava? what would we do? meet the kava dealer in a dark alley? and pay twice as much?

I would like to know who the presenters are. anybody got the info?

:)

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I think they have a webpage if you google it. It would have been relatively cheap for me to go, but it's in Suva and I don't much like Suva. I think it may also be aimed at chemists, and most of that would go right over my head :D

D

Deleted User01

Maybe Chris at Hawaiian Gourmet can get us the inside scoop of what ranspires there. He may have some connections.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I do certainly know the scoop, I have some video that I am editing right now, I will post that info soon. If you folks have any questions please let me know. I will post the video as soon as I am done with it. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Local Bliss, I noticed your banner, did you ever find any Samoan kava? I have 1 variety of Western Samoan kava that I grow and it is called "ava La'au"
So if you did not find any yet, it looks like you did now. :)
I have about another hour of footage to edit, I am making a short video, it will not be the full 3 hrs that I recorded but it will have all the good information. Aloha.

Chris

LocalBliss

Finder of the Samoan Kava
Hey Chris, I am going to Samoa very soon like in 2weeks depending on some biz I gotta finish up here but I would like to check out the strain you got when I get back. Right now I buy Kavaboy from the local corner store.
Soooo looking forward to the video, we all appreciate your knowledge and sharing, damn I'm just bummed out today hearing about the Vanuatu news and possible negative consequences for Kava.