Change background image

No kava for me :(

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Kapmcrunk, Jan 9, 2020.

1. avahZ

avahZ YAHWEH Shalom

Get well my friend!
  2. JohnMichael

JohnMichael Member

Glad you're getting care. Holding you in the light.
  3. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

Got the clear from the Doc. Looks like I'm going home. Thanks for the warm wishes everyone.
    nabanga, JohnMichael, Mo'iety and 6 others like this.
  4. fait

fait Position 5 Hard Support

Did the doctor give you a sucker?
  5. Kapmcrunk

Even better, discharge papers
    nashfire and Nickavalas Turtle like this.
  6. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

That's very good news. I hope you have a rapid recovery and get back to normal soon.
    Kapmcrunk and Mo'iety like this.
  7. Kapmcrunk

Even made kava tonight. I’m sleeping, damnit. :)
  8. Go Krunk Yourself

Go Krunk Yourself Kava Enthusiast

That was a ride and I'm happy at the end of reading it you ended up home and well. It's amazing how rough our bodies can get hit by an illness and then recover like nothing happened.
  9. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

Glad to hear you're doing better. Enjoy the grog :)
  10. Kapmcrunk

I’m almost positive I was the first case of EVALI at this hospital. The doctor told me my CT scan was “one of the most remarkable” He’d seen. This was without a smile. The doctor thinks it was also evali, but I can’t convince my better half it wasn’t just a bad case of pneumonia. It only responded to steroids and not antibiotics which is a distinct marker for it.

Don’t put things in your lungs that don’t belong there, especially things like oils or fats.
    Mo'iety and nashfire like this.
  11. TheKavaFlow

TheKavaFlow Kava Enthusiast Kava Podcaster

Glad you're feeling better!! First time I've heard of EVALI... sounds absolutely bonkers!
  12. Kapmcrunk

I’m still at a super reduced ability to function. Lung function may take up to 6 months to return.

The couch is my home :)

Yeah, man. When I go and look it up it gives me that ultimate anxiety. I got close this time. Too close for comfort. I don’t like the term “ground glass” when referring to my lungs lol
    TheKavaFlow likes this.
  13. That is crazy. Glad you’re recovering. Take care. Happy Friday!
  14. Go Krunk Yourself

Go Krunk Yourself Kava Enthusiast

That's why we stick to the trusted and tried root from nature!
    Kapmcrunk likes this.
  15. stalebird

stalebird Member

Don’t die. This board has Helped me cut down on the booze A LOT because of Kava. And you seem to be the leader.

jokes aside, pneumonia is nothing to mess with. Hoping you get better quickly brother. Take care. I’ll down a shell for you.
  16. Yvs

Yvs Member

Glad you are recovering!

EVALI is scary, I am surprised they haven't 100% identified the cause yet.
  17. Kapmcrunk

I love living. You can bet I'm going to do everything I can to extend that time to the max. Thank you for the sentiments. This website keeps me going on many days knowing someone out there finds relief in it.
    JohnMichael and Mo'iety like this.
  18. Alia

Alia 'Awa Grower/Collector

Somehow I have missed many of these update Posts and am only reviewing them now. Until this very morning I'd never heard of EVALI. It appears to be only related to vaping? So a relatively new health issue. Remarkable. The 6 months to lung function is even longer than it took me when I had "old" classic pneumonia. We all wish you WELL.
    Nickavalas Turtle likes this.