What's new

Kava Poll No numbing of the mouth, but totally numb scalp?

Have you experienced this?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
So today I was home alone. The wife had to take a shift all of the sudden.
I've had VAVAVOOOM from @Kavafied
Some Hiwa and now Fiji Loa Waka also from @Kavafied.
It's the strangest sensation, this numbing of the scalp. It tingles and when I touch it it's like having a very thin cap on. Like I'm walking around with a condom on my head. Weird.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
It's the strangest sensation, this numbing of the scalp. It tingles and when I touch it it's like having a very thin cap on. Like I'm walking around with a condom on my head. Weird.
Could be dermo on your scalp.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Capitán Bastos That avatar looks like a old crackhead Popeye.. Maybe it's just the Vava'U, that stuff is good!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have never had that feeling in a couple of years of drinking kava. I could see how that could happen if you rubbed the kava directly on your head. Very strange. So you say you were alone, because your wife had to leave all of a sudden. Is it possible you just forgot to take the condom off your head?

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Had to dig up this thread, as I'm experiencing this weird sensation right now. Almost like my hair is all gone and I have a tight cap on. Ya, like a condom, whoa. Very little mouth numbness like you mention in thread title, just in the throat. Head feels very light too.

KavaKitty

Meaow
Welp, I've never felt that, but I did find a new use for grog. I burned my thumb while cooking on Saturday, then, of course, being a dick, I went out to the garden on Sunday and dug in the dirt. Without gloves. Cause yeah, I'm an asshole. Anyway, the little burn became a big problem. I soaked my thumb in some grog for like 10 minutes yesterday morning, because I got it in my head that if it dries out your skin, it would probably be good for an infected cut or burn. And it was. It's healing really nicely.:happy:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Welp, I've never felt that, but I did find a new use for grog. I burned my thumb while cooking on Saturday, then, of course, being a dick, I went out to the garden on Sunday and dug in the dirt. Without gloves. Cause yeah, I'm an asshole. Anyway, the little burn became a big problem. I soaked my thumb in some grog for like 10 minutes yesterday morning, because I got it in my head that if it dries out your skin, it would probably be good for an infected cut or burn. And it was. It's healing really nicely.:happy:
When I had a toothache I tried to numb it by swilling kava around it but it didn't work so well :-(

KavaKitty

Meaow
When I had a toothache I tried to numb it by swilling kava around it but it didn't work so well :-(
Well that sucks. I think it worked on the burn because it dried it out, it was getting infected and looked pretty ..... moist (I hate that word). But yeah, I wouldn't DRINK IT after you soak an infected burn in it, just use a little at room temp and let it sit. Works like a charm.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Kava is actually a local anesthetic like lidocaine. A pretty potent one. I don't think the skin drying effect would do anything, but it could certainly relieve pain. It will not disinfect anything, though, so you should still wash the wound with soap and apply some Neosporin or equivalent.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
It would work if you injected it into your gums. But I don't recommend doing that unless you really really know what you are doing, and you have gone to dental school, and have some pure kavain available.

Alternately, rubbing extract on your gums might help.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It would work if you injected it into your gums. But I don't recommend doing that unless you really really know what you are doing, and you have gone to dental school, and have some pure kavain available.

Alternately, rubbing extract on your gums might help.
Or clove oil?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I didn't know what that was so had to look it up: Natural anesthetic and antiseptic, used in dentistry. Yeah, that would be good. Probably safer and less expensive than injecting pure kavain into your gums.
LOL, I would think so :)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I have never had that feeling in a couple of years of drinking kava. I could see how that could happen if you rubbed the kava directly on your head. Very strange. So you say you were alone, because your wife had to leave all of a sudden. Is it possible you just forgot to take the condom off your head?
With all this condom talk, now I'm wondering which head he is referring to???