What's new

Noob looking for some dosing recommendations

Just started on Kava using an instant from Bula kava. Recommended serving is 2 tsp. I've been using it 2-3 time a day to self treat anxiety and sleeplessness.

Is this a reasonable amount to use if I'm planning on using it daily? I prefer a more subtle effect during the week so I can focus on my job, but would like to experiment a bit further otherwise.

Appreciate any input:)

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I haven't tried instant but from what I understand, it's not as effective for a solid 'krunk' feeling as medium grind. However it's great for those times, like you've said, at work when a quick and subtle dose can carry you on.
Medium is also more cost effective for how much you need to use to feel the kava buzz. I'd highly recommend getting your hands on some, and them same hands into the mixing bowl for some traditional prep. Great experience.
Welcome to the forums @WillisReid ::happyshell::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
2 teaspoons is about right for a medicinal dose but for more fun try 3 or 4 and repeat after 45 mins to an hour.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Some people swear by it and God bless them if they can afford it :) I think there is only 2 people here that drink instant everyday.

For the rest of us, medium grind is a solid choice, get yourself an Aluball to start or just start kneading kava. It's not hard and the most cost effective way.