What's new

nootropic mushroom blend and kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
So I recently ordered this online and noticed after flipping through the health forums that I should probably make sure it's safe to have daily when I'm consuming kava. I checked each ingredient myself and they all seem fine with it besides possibly Huperzia A but so far I haven't found anything besides that it operates on a different mechanism of action with an effect similar to anything in the racetam family and one post I saw that was also on this topic I believe implied that it could possibly not play too well with that but no disasters either way because it wasn't even clear enough of a connection to say "this did this because of this". I'm not on any other medications or do any other drugs. I'm pretty sure I'm good but I just want to double check with anyone that knows better here.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I can’t imagine the two mushrooms would interact and I personally take cordyceps daily. The main thing that disturbed me was the fact that they use water AND ethanol extractions. I personally prefer to get all of my supplements from sources I know and trust and can trace where they source their materials from, but that is just a personal choice. After getting negative results from a liver panel a month back, I have been more concerned lately with the interactions I can’t feel immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

violet

Do all things with love
The main thing that disturbed me was the fact that they use water AND ethanol extractions...
Double extraction of mushrooms is very common and preferred. There are a lot of important constituents that are not water soluble but will come out with alcohol.

I consume a variety of mushrooms on a daily basis, including cordyceps. This time of year I like to keep a continuous brew of chaga tea going in a small crockpot. I usually add turkey tail and lion's mane, sometimes other shrooms. Cardamom pods and real cinnamon make it especially pleasant, I add a little cream and stevia to my cup and it is very much like chai.

When restarting a brew I sometimes place the water-spent shrooms into alcohol to extract the rest of the medicinals. Combining the strained alcohol extract with a greatly reduced water extract makes a nice double-extracted mushroom tincture.

There's opinions that hup-A might not be good taken daily, especially for younger folks. Might be something to look into a little deeper.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Didn't even realize I had replies in this thread, site didn't tell me for some reason. I'll give it a try soon and see how I react say a couple or few times a week if it sits well with me. I'm 25, so I'm still pretty young. I have my own reasons for giving this a try but the other half of me was just curious about nootropics and this seemed like the least risky to me and most beneficial. thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.