What's new

Not Sure How Much to Use...

S

Summer

Hi Everyone :)
I am trying Nene instant kava for the first time...how much should I use?
Female, tall, and normal weight if that matters. Thank you!

S

Summer

Ok, thank you! I guess I should mention that this is my FIRST time ever taking any kind of kava except for the capsules. I'm excited!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Don't stop at your first tablespoon if you aren't really feelin' it...feel free to take successive tablespoons every 20 minutes or so. If you still don't feel anything after 4 or 5 of 'em, it's probably just because you're new to kava and your system needs to get primed to it. ::happyshell::

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Empty stomach. I don't eat for four or more hours. I also make sure the day's tasks are done, and I am in a calm and quiet atmosphere until I understand the Kava's effects. With Nene, I would use through the early-late evening. Good luck

K

Kava Steve

also Nene after kids have gone to bed.... Its one that annoying noises will mess with you

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Agreed with the above points. You -might- experience reverse tolerance, which is contested as to whether or not it's real, but it does at least seem to be a valid psychological phenomenon. Like shakas said, if you don't feel anything, try a little more, etc. In my experience if you're primed to feel the effects of kava, it's unmistakable, you won't be wondering whether or not it's kicked in.

Let us know how it goes. :)

S

Summer

It kicked in and I really enjoyed the effects of Nene. It gave me a general feeling of being calm and content. It took the edge off.

Today I tried Moi (instant) for the first time. I started with 1 teaspoon every 15 minutes or so and worked up to 5 teaspoons over about two hours. I was nervous to try this one the most since a lot of people seem to experience more euphoric effects, and I really just want to feel calm and indifferent. But I also find most people (usually) have overall calming effects from kava in general. I feel quite focused, but not on any particular thoughts (huge)!

When I was taking my benzos, life was great! I never "felt" anything except the lack of anxiety, obsessive thoughts, and worry. For six years I didn't really have a care and then when I started my taper life changed. It was and is the biggest, hardest struggle of my life. I am so thankful for kava, which I first heard of in a book by Dr. Weil.

Fast forward to today and the Moi...I feel focused and determined to get things in order. My house is clean, my mind is clear, and I am enjoying today. Amen!

Superior Sandman

Kava Curious
Glad you are finding relief through kava. I know the hard journey away from benzos all too well. My saving grace was GHK Boroguru micronized when I started coming off of Xanax. Whenever my anxiety started to take hold I would reach for a tablespoon instead of a pill bottle. It got me away from my reclusive ways and intrusive thoughts. Absolutely love everything Chris at GHK has to offer.