What's new

Over Indulging?

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
this will sound like strange advice, maybe even a tad twee, but try to listen to the kava. The kava will tell you what you need to know, what is wise to do.

I always listen to the kava and it never lies to me. It also loves me and wants what is best for me. If you let it, kava can be a very very good friend.

Also, little known fact, you can ask kava a question and often get the answer (you *already* know the answer to most questions, kava doesn't tell you the answer, it just helps you realize you already know it). I find it quite useful. If I am going to have a decent sesh I often start with a question as the theme of the sesh. I find this can be very very productive.
Right On wait and Appreciate

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
The second I get the spins I know it's time to stop. It lasts about 30 minutes. Also one time I threw up after Kava + 100+ degree weather in Thailand + heavy packages
Exactly. First sign of dizziness and I’m done. This took a learning curve for me, where twice I *almost* threw up but I cheated. ;) I count those as my overindulgence because I would have vomited if I didn’t take a Zofran that I happened to have on hand. I keep it on hand all the time now just in case. I haven’t had that feeling since I found my trigger for « done ». I listen to the kava now. I notice I tend to overindulge on more balanced kavas because I’m really in need of the heavy/relaxing feeling. So, I tend to steer clear of those. Only KWK Borogu is useful, in that I drink it at work and, of course, never overdo. I suppose I’ll just save all of my balanced kavas for this purpose.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
this will sound like strange advice, maybe even a tad twee, but try to listen to the kava. The kava will tell you what you need to know, what is wise to do.

I always listen to the kava and it never lies to me. It also loves me and wants what is best for me. If you let it, kava can be a very very good friend.

Also, little known fact, you can ask kava a question and often get the answer (you *already* know the answer to most questions, kava doesn't tell you the answer, it just helps you realize you already know it). I find it quite useful. If I am going to have a decent sesh I often start with a question as the theme of the sesh. I find this can be very very productive.
While I don't ask kava questions, I do notice sensations that suggest to me its time to stop drinking; however, it seems always to happen before I do the second wash and I don't particularly like leaving kava that needs a second wash in the fridge or freezing it...