What's new

Pain or pressure in my right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
about a month ago I started experiencing this pressure or slight pain on my right side beneath my ribs. I went to the doctor and got some liver panels and I was completely fine but I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this from drinking kava daily. It gets worse every time i drink kava. I filter the shit out of my kava, first it goes in a 75 Micron bag then a 200 Micron bag for the first wash and then the second wash it goes through an Alluball. Ive been drinking Stone, kava Supreme and solomon from ROH. I mean if this is just my body trying to tell me I drink too much kava then that's fine. But if I can keep drinking it and these symptoms will disappear then I'm more inclined to do that but I never felt like I was drinking too much kava I consume it daily yes but I only have about three to five tablespoons per day in about 16 -20oz of water with a dolop of sunflower lectin. if anyone can suggest anything I thank you very much.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Does kava make you particularly gassy or bloated, could you have trapped gas? Are you pooping enough? You'd be surprised how many people mistake the effects of trapped gas, indigestion and constipation for things like heart attack and 'liver pain'.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Could it be gas or even a gallbladder condition? I have gallbladder problems and i get a pain in my right side when its acting up, including when i drink alcohol

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Does kava make you particularly gassy or bloated, could you have trapped gas? Are you pooping enough? You'd be surprised how many people mistake the effects of trapped gas, indigestion and constipation for things like heart attack and 'liver pain'.
I mean I believe that's what it is. is just constipation because in the mornings sometimes I'll take a laxative and I take magnesium ( for migraines) everyday which has laxative properties and the pressure seems to subside when I clear out everything from my bowels. Its just now whenever i drink kava, the side effects seemingly outweighs the benefits. The only times it didn't bother me as much was when i drank Stone. I try my best to drink water evreyday at least, if not more than the kava i drink. I eat coconut oil probably evrey 3 days, whenever i... a-hem...use OTHER green plant edibles. But idk lately kava hasn't worked for SOME back and sore muscle pain, but i do get it on somedays kava might not cut through all pain, i just hate anything but feeling great, im just a baby

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Could it be gas or even a gallbladder condition? I have gallbladder problems and i get a pain in my right side when its acting up, including when i drink alcohol
Shit I just talked to my dad that might be what it is, thankgod i can most likely get it removed

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
You say you eat coconut oil daily... this may be a long stretch, but coconut oil is primarily composed of medium chain triglycerides. They're a type of fat that breaks down very fast, but they have the side effect that many people get gastrointestinal distress from taking even a little too ,such. I can tell you from experience that it can be quite painful and long-lasting. Sometimes feels like gas, sometimes more like a stabbing pain.

I would try eliminating the coconut oil just for a couple days and see if anything changes at all.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Have stopped kava for a month now still have this slight pain going on. Getting an ultrasound on monday. Got bloodwork done on Thursday. They havnt called me so i assume im okish but only ultrasound will tell if its gall stones or worse. Been using other green plants to ease anxiety and pain.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I've had weird slight pains in the area you're taling about but lately i haven't experienced it in a long time and my blood is perfect. Kava is more gastrointestinally reactive than i think people give ti credit for here.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Shit I just talked to my dad that might be what it is, thankgod i can most likely get it removed
Just got final test results. im pre diabetic apparently. So i just have to cut sugar out of my diet. Which i didn't think my sugar intake was bad but when im truthful with myself i eat ice cream or chocolate just about evreyday, i have gummy worms 2 times a week, i love swweet stuff, i just never thought at 25 id have to worry about diabetes . often i even got sugar free chocolate......Thankgod its not something worse

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Just got final test results. im pre diabetic apparently. So i just have to cut sugar out of my diet. Which i didn't think my sugar intake was bad but when im truthful with myself i eat ice cream or chocolate just about evreyday, i have gummy worms 2 times a week, i love swweet stuff, i just never thought at 25 id have to worry about diabetes . often i even got sugar free chocolate......Thankgod its not something worse
So glad to hear you figured it out and it's treatable!

Status
Not open for further replies.