What's new

Please help, in regards to not feeling anything ever whilst others feel it a lot

raithee

POSTED OVER FROM REDDIT, this forum is more active.

I have been using Kava for over 6 months now, albeit not daily, more like once a month... the most i did was 3 days back to back 4-6tbs of Micronized
I have also done traditional prep as well.

Now every time i show my friends and make a strong batch everyone feels it, and some a little too much haha.

For example last night my friend was having a full blown panic attack and i was like lets try the kava made him 3tbs of micro, within 15-20 min he was not panicked anymore or freaking out and then looked at me krunked out and said this kava shit is the best thing i have ever tried [emoji23]

My question is why does this never work for me? I try so hard, took small dose all the way to almost puking just to see if i can feel something, how can everyone feel great and i just do not feel anything?

So now i have pounds of bags and micro containers just siting there not working at all.

Please if there is any advice i would much appreciate it i am always stressed and feeling slightly anxious, if i could get this to work i would be the happiest person ever.

I tried to make super strong batches, first i put the kava in a very expensive blender with warm water, milk, and then kneaded for literally an hour (over kill i know) and then triple strained and then went to see if i could squeeze a little more out of the pulp also... tasted gross but i downed a 2 liter bottle over the course of an hour just pouring it into cups every so often, yet even then felt nothing

Am i immune? Or just making a stupid mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My question is why does this never work for me? I try so hard, took small dose all the way to almost puking just to see if i can feel something, how can everyone feel great and i just do not feel nything?
If you haven't consumed daily when you began drinking it, it's possible you have not broken through RT yet. Try drinking it daily for 7-10 days in a row and see how it affects you.

raithee

If you haven't consumed daily when you began drinking it, it's possible you have not broken through RT yet. Try drinking it daily for 7-10 days in a row and see how it affects you.
Yes, i always here about this RT, yet literally all my friends and family who have tried it (well over 20 so far) felt it their first times.... and my friend with the panic attack never tried kava till that night... idk maybe you are right i guess i am unlucky and need to drink this on the daily so hopefully one day it works, kinda depressing in a way, but what can you do eh?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yes, i always here about this RT, yet literally all my friends and family who have tried it (well over 20 so far) felt it their first times.... and my friend with the panic attack never tried kava till that night... idk maybe you are right i guess i am unlucky and need to drink this on the daily so hopefully one day it works, kinda depressing in a way, but what can you do eh?

I went through RT for around 10 days, it was worth the wait to me because I was dealing with Benzo withdrawal and constant anxiety. Nowadays, I often go a week to 10 days without any kava (sometimes longer). Reverse tolerance only happens once, after that you don't really need to drink it daily unless you need/want to.

raithee

I went through RT for around 10 days, it was worth the wait to me because I was dealing with Benzo withdrawal and constant anxiety. Nowadays, I often go a week to 10 days without any kava (sometimes longer). Reverse tolerance only happens once, after that you don't really need to drink it daily unless you need/want to.
Interesting, what is the best vendor that is known for kava on the stronger side so i can attempt this?

I so desperately want this to work because I don’t ever want to be prescribed Benzos or synthetic crap to feel good ya know?

I will do it for 30 days, if i get there sooner great, if not i give up lol.

SiX

Interesting, what is the best vendor that is known for kava on the stronger side so i can attempt this?

I so desperately want this to work because I don’t ever want to be prescribed Benzos or synthetic crap to feel good ya know?

Have you tried just putting a pinch in your mouth and seeing if you feel a difference from that?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

There is no such thing. Most vendors are good and sell good kava in their own right. If you already have several pounds of micro, use that. Remember that Micro is more fibrous which makes it stronger but can also cause some bloating, nausea, etc. Go easy on it, I would say try 2 tbs per 8-10 fl oz of water at first or 4 tbs to 16-20 fl oz of water. Drink it in 6 oz gulps, every 20 minutes or so. It will likely kick in sooner then later.

raithee

There is no such thing. Most vendors are good and sell good kava in their own right. If you already have several pounds of micro, use that. Remember that Micro is more fibrous which makes it stronger but can also cause some bloating, nausea, etc. Go easy on it, I would say try 2 tbs per 8-10 fl oz of water at first or 4 tbs to 16-20 fl oz of water. Drink it in 6 oz gulps, every 20 minutes or so. It will likely kick in sooner then later.
Okay i will try this now actually, one more question... would you say Micro is definitely the better stronger version of Kava or is there other stuff out there that is better?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

raithee

Right, but I'm asking if the person's tried it to see if the mouth goes numb at all.
Gotcha, i will do it now and then update this post with what happened.

Edit: put a nickel sized amount on my tongue
First thing i noticed it did not taste as bad as i was expecting from my previous experiences of drinking it.
I guess about 30 seconds in my tongue kinda gets numb but not as much as i have had with the previous batches i have had (this particular one is KWK micronized, went through 4 4oz containers to no avail as of yet.)

Now about a min later less numb but has an annoying silky smooth yet dry texture (if that makes sense) slightly peppery taste

Last edited:

raithee

Trying this now, on my first gulp, i’ll edit this post to see if i feel anything. Also is it normal for micro to not be as numbing as traditional? I guess this kinda goes along with the guy who told me to pinch some on my tongue to which i replied kinda

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Trying this now, on my first gulp, i’ll edit this post to see if i feel anything. Also is it normal for micro to not be as numbing as traditional? I guess this kinda goes along with the guy who told me to pinch some on my tongue to which i replied kinda

Which micro are you drinking? Which vendor?