What's new

Please help: using kava at work for anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1050

Kava Curious
Hello all. I have moderate to very bad gad/sad. I’m going to a psychologist for my anxiety and doing cbt. I’m facing my fears but my biggest fear is having to leave work cause of my anxiety as I’m sole provider of my family. I worry a lot about things and feel nauseous 24/7 from my anxiety and anxious time to time. But always my mind is wandering. Anyways I never took kava before until tonight but it’s just a liquid extract which says to take 5ml so I’m Assuming it won’t be that good. I was wondering what kind of kava I could get for work? Mixing a big drink at work probably wouldn’t fly but the liquid extract putting a drop in something or kava candy might help. Anybody have any info? I go back to work on Monday and I’m terrified something might happen and I can’t control it as I got off benzo as didn’t like side effects. Pm me if necessary. Thanks

Peter1050

Kava Curious
The drive to work on bus is the worst and drive back. When I’m at work I’m so so but if something different came up I would panic. Just looking for something to help me relax and get on with my job so I can provide for my wonderful family. Also what time of day would be best to take it and with food or no food?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello all. I have moderate to very bad gad/sad. I’m going to a psychologist for my anxiety and doing cbt. I’m facing my fears but my biggest fear is having to leave work cause of my anxiety as I’m sole provider of my family. I worry a lot about things and feel nauseous 24/7 from my anxiety and anxious time to time. But always my mind is wandering. Anyways I never took kava before until tonight but it’s just a liquid extract which says to take 5ml so I’m Assuming it won’t be that good. I was wondering what kind of kava I could get for work? Mixing a big drink at work probably wouldn’t fly but the liquid extract putting a drop in something or kava candy might help. Anybody have any info? I go back to work on Monday and I’m terrified something might happen and I can’t control it as I got off benzo as didn’t like side effects. Pm me if necessary. Thanks
I can relate to a lot of what you are saying, I drink kava for many of the same reasons. You have some options for kava on the go. You can use an aluball and shaker (tell people it's a protein shake), you can use kava candies, you can buy some KWK concentrate or you can do what I used to do and mix some light kava the night before and bring it in a dark sports bottle and sip it as needed throughout the day.

Peter1050

Kava Curious
Ok that’s a good idea too. I know work camps are a dry camp so no alcoholic or drugs but I don’t think kava applies to either of these

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Peter. Did you order any of the noble heavy kavas suggested? I prepare those in advance when going out. Generally the night before. And keep them in the fridge.

You can see my kit in my profile pic. Those little bottles are available for pennies in the supermarket in the baby section. Small sports bottles and they hold
A dessert spoon shell of grog made in the aluball. I can double strength with two balls if needed. I like this size as i like to
Measure my amounts accuratley and im generally not out for that many hours. I dont commute and work all day with others.

So For a more subtle kit, a larger sports bottle in a dark colour maybe 500 ml or 750 ml. One with the clear measuring strip up the side
Would allow you to easily see how much you were drinking. If the bus is uncomfortable for you, take a drink of kava half an hour before, then sip on it on the bus. As ever, i suggest getting used to any new kava at home , amount and frequency etc before using
Out and about for GAD.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi Peter. Did you order any of the noble heavy kavas suggested? I prepare those in advance when going out. Generally the night before. And keep them in the fridge.

You can see my kit in my profile pic. Those little bottles are available for pennies in the supermarket in the baby section. Small sports bottles and they hold
A dessert spoon shell of grog made in the aluball. I can double strength with two balls if needed. I like this size as i like to
Measure my amounts accuratley and im generally not out for that many hours. I dont commute and work all day with others.

So For a more subtle kit, a larger sports bottle in a dark colour maybe 500 ml or 750 ml. One with the clear measuring strip up the side
Would allow you to easily see how much you were drinking. If the bus is uncomfortable for you, take a drink of kava half an hour before, then sip on it on the bus. As ever, i suggest getting used to any new kava at home , amount and frequency etc before using
Out and about for GAD.
Excellent planning. Especially the empirical approach to precise dosage, and effective use of microdosing, which is a fast growing trend throughout health. In fact, if you pinned me down, I would say small, regular/frequent doses like what you do are more effective ----- therapeutically ----- than larger doses less frequently, which is perfectly ok for fun kava sessions. And it is not a case of choose one or the other, do both when appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.