What's new

Preferred Kava powder for sublingual usage

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Hi guys, been using kava for about a month now. Started out with the KavaKava Candy, then bought some 30% extract powder ($20 per ounce, ouch!).... neither had the 'potency' I was hoping for though. I prefer 'strong effects', no matter the substance lol... I don't mind preparing a drink.. i just find it simpler to absorb any substance under the tounge for a 'quick effect' & without any cleanup/mess.

Anyone else here take it this way (oral absorption) ? And what is your preferred type of powder/which vendor etc.

Thanks for your time & consideration! :)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think Paradise Extract would be best for that. I think you'll find powders and instants difficult to use in this fashion because there's simply too much powder required for a reasonable dose. That 30% extract is everywhere, and it's bad.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya the 30% xtracts you see on ebay are pretty much bullshit...bout I say if your looking into sunlingual absorption...defintley go with Paradise kava! They make amazing extracts in alot of different flavor combos :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
An effective dose of kavalactones is like 50mg (minimum) to 500 mg. Imagine crushing up a 250 mg pill and trying to absorb all of it under your tongue. That's a lot of stuff to absorb. Plus, kavalactones are not soluble in water or saliva; they are much more soluble and better absorbed in acidic gastric juices. You're gonna have to swallow for decent effects, is what I am trying to say.

In addition to Paradise extract, Gaia capsules are good. You can open them up and put the liquid under your tongue if you like to do that. I've done it, and it tastes like concentrated kava... so ... just to warn you

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Ya the 30% xtracts you see on ebay are pretty much bullshit...bout I say if your looking into sunlingual absorption...defintley go with Paradise kava! They make amazing extracts in alot of different flavor combos :)
Yup, I actually ordered it from a well known botanical company... but when i googled it, the 1st result was a 50kg tub of 30% kavalectones for $7,000. So essentially 1 guy ordered 150lbs of it in 2008 & a lotta b.s./super old ounces have been getting sold since then lol

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I will check out Paradise.. but it also sounds like I may need to open my mind about drinking 'shells' :)