What's new

Kava Preparation Preparation of Medium Grind vs. Micronized vs. Instant

Sam

What's up guys, I just received my Sample order from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (GHK) today in the mail.

The package came with 3 beautiful gold bags, but I just wanted to make sure I dose and prepare the 3 varieties correctly.

Micronized: 1 Tablespoon mixed with water and work my dosage up from there? Or should I measure a smaller dose on my scale? Is the micronized Kava from GHK fine to mix plain with water or do I need to strain it as well? (taste is no problem for me)

Instant: 1 Tablespoon mixed with water?

Medium Grind: I will use the double stocking method and eventually order a muslin straining bag.

I guess I'm more interested in how to properly use the micronized Kava since the other 2 seem to be pretty self-explanatory. Btw, in the past 2 weeks I've finished an entire bottle of Gaia Kava capsules as well as 10 servings of Kalm with Kava Concentrate. When I use them 1st thing in the morning (or right before bed) on a completely empty stomach, the most I get is a calm feeling and some drowsiness, but nothing resembling even slight euphoria or an 'alcohol-like buzz.' Is this normal? Will the Micronized and Medium Grind Kava provide a much different feeling? Is it possible that I am still in the RT phase?

Thanks in advance for your replies (y)

Sam

Btw I didn't notice the names until now.

The Medium Grind is called Mahakea
The Instant Grind is called Moi (I've heard this is a heady one)
The Micronized Grind is called Nene

Any feedback/personal experiences with these 3 Kavas?

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I recently got a shipment of micronized moi and medium grind mahakea.

They *must* have shipped the wrong thing with the mahakea -- it's every bit as micronized as
the moi! I tried straining it like a medium grind, and within a minute all the powder went through
the bag.

Anyone else seen this? The bag the mahakea came in said it was medium grind.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom

They *must* have shipped the wrong thing with the mahakea -- it's every bit as micronized as
the moi! I tried straining it like a medium grind, and within a minute all the powder went through
the bag.

Yea that sounds like a mix up. @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava would be better answering this, but my order of med mahakea was not like his micro grinds.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast

the bag.

I've seen other people on the forum have that happen. It doesn't happen often, but mistakes happen occasionally. Consider it a lucky event since the prices are so different :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

the bag.

Anyone else seen this? The bag the Mahakea came in said it was medium grind.
I am sorry but it looks like I made a mistake, if the Mahakea looks like the micronized then it is. If you want I can send you some of the medium grind. Keep the micronized anyway and let me know if you have any questions, aloha.

Chris