What's new

Preparing Kava in Advance?

Teamfour

Kava Curious
I have been keeping my grog in a mason jar. No issues after a couple of days.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

D

Deactivated Account

I'm certainly no expert on keeping it however I tried it with fresh kava once & it sort of fermented (for want of a better description) ...it was pretty funky. You guys understand it way more than myself but I see it like milk whereas if it's not cold enough then it gets funky.

Ha..maybe we need a 'long life' version for the pantry.

That solid extract I got from vila last time seemed to stay fine though but it was like super sticky tar that I had to thin in hot water.

D

Deactivated Account

Sometimes I avoid the sediment and sometimes I don't. In either case, the Kava always has good effects.
JM (my lack of knowledge speaking) I'd assumed this sediment is where the real punch is. I would like not to drink it as I'm a firm believer it's what gives the big derm issues. So serious... no noticeable diff you recon ? I need to try doing it.

Teamfour

Kava Curious
JM (my lack of knowledge speaking) I'd assumed this sediment is where the real punch is. I would like not to drink it as I'm a firm believer it's what gives the big derm issues. So serious... no noticeable diff you recon ? I need to try doing it.
The only way I get a good buzz is by drinking the gritty goodness. No derm issues so far.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I just drank some boroguru that was sitting in the fridge for a week. I'd say it tasted a little different. Off, but not different. And the texture was actually surprisingly smooth. Of course, I pinch my nose and chug the whole thing, it's not like I'm sitting there sipping and eating a steak like @Vekta. I did store it in an airtight container (mason jar)

D

Deactivated Account

I just drank some boroguru that was sitting in the fridge for a week. I'd say it tasted a little different. Off, but not different. And the texture was actually surprisingly smooth. Of course, I pinch my nose and chug the whole thing, it's not like I'm sitting there sipping and eating a steak like @Vekta. I did store it in an airtight container (mason jar)
Did you mix it up mate or just take the top off it ? Kava that ive left for a time as you did is almost clear water on the top. I remember my fathers home brew beer back in the 70's (before it got good & you still boiled the hops up on the stove) The top clear part still whacked you…adding the cloudy bottom just made it taste weird.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Gave it a good shake, yeah. There wasn't too much sediment on the bottom because I strained it carefully.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Final update: It made the batch of boroguru I made taste noticably worse...after I left it out of the fridge for like an hour. But when I drank it cold, it was fine. I'm drinking all my kava at 45F from now on, it's just so much smoother for some reason. I already put ice in my kava but clearly not enough.