What's new

Problem with Vanuatu Post

kavastalker

Kava Curious
Hello everyone,
Is there anybody, who can help me solve problem with Vanuatu post? My friend sent me some Kava on 22th of december. On tracking it shows this: "Arrival at outward office of exchange." Problem is, it shows this since 22th od december. I live in Europe.
I tried also contact them through the mail, but nobody replied. Do you think it´s normal to wait so long?

kavastalker

Kava Curious
From Vanuatu to a European country, yes, I would expect it to take quite a long time.
Got it, also it was Christmass time. But still, I´m not really sure what "Arrival at outward office of exchange" means. If they would write on tracking something like it´s traveling, I will feel much more better.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Hello everyone,
Is there anybody, who can help me solve problem with Vanuatu post? My friend sent me some Kava on 22th of december. On tracking it shows this: "Arrival at outward office of exchange." Problem is, it shows this since 22th od december. I live in Europe.
I tried also contact them through the mail, but nobody replied. Do you think it´s normal to wait so long?
In all my years, I've never seen anyone use the Vanuatu Post to ship kava internationally, maybe @nabanga has experience with them? I'm assuming vendors that import kava use other shipping methods. My assumption would be it could easily take a few weeks, if it even shows up at all. First it depends on a 3rd world island nation to be working in a timely fashion, then the additional time it takes getting caught up in customs, the possibility of a customs search on your end halting your shipment and not getting lost somewhere throughout the whole process. If it takes over a month, you should probably contact customs.

Some country's international processing just take longer than others. For example, I'm in the US and if I get kava from Canada it takes surprisingly longer than if I get kava from New Zealand. You'd think the opposite would be true, but for some reason it's not.
Vancouver to Los Angeles - 1,080 mi (1,739 km)
Auckland to Los Angeles - 6,510 miles (10,477 km)