Change background image

problems feeling it

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Shredder, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Shredder

Shredder Kava Enthusiast

Hey dudes. So I've been taking at the very least a tablespoon of micronized kava daily on an empty stomach and more often then not, I don't feel shit and Idk why. Kava has reverse tolerance, at least, thats what I read so im wondering why this is happening? Current distributor I'm using is kalm with kava although recently i was using GHK and it wasn't really working either so I dont think it's anyones fault. It's just my chemistry lately I guess and it's really bothering me because I feel like i'm losing money...

I heard good things about taking kava with soy lecithin. Anybody on here do that to help with increasing kava's absorption rate? I usually take kava with fruit juice or zero cal vitamin water, just in case anybody was wondering.
  2. Kavashua

Kavashua Mmmm Kava

Try adjusting your dosage. I have a friend who does well with one teaspoon but that wouldn’t be nearly enough for me. Try bumping it up in increments till you get where you want to be, I would double your dosage to 2 teaspoons and then from there bring it up in smaller increments. You just might be one of the unlucky few that needs a strong dosage to get where you need to be. If that’s the case you might want to switch to a medium grind and strain it. I found micronized to be way to expensive for me
  3. MichaelMcKava

MichaelMcKava Member

I just took a tablespoon of micronized myself. It's sometimes subtle, but relaxing. Other times I find it's more pronounced, like drinking three beer or a few bars of Xanax. If you aren't feeling it at ALL than I would try cautiously upping your dose. By about a teaspoon each time. Until you get some of the calming effects.

But I'm new to kava so you might wanna take someone else's advice first.
  4. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Switch to traditional prep or just drink more of it. :)
    Kavashua likes this.
  5. the_wilderness

the_wilderness Kava Enthusiast

4tbsp of micro for effects for me. Yeah, it's expensive.
    Kavashua likes this.
  6. fait

fait Position 5 Hard Support

I haven't any experience with micronized but from what I've heard is it's easy to overdo compared to medium grind. Increase your dose to 2 tablespoons then maybe increment by 1 teaspoon or half tablespoon at a time if 2 tbsp isn't enough.

Rather than mixing it with lecithin, try chasing your grog with whole milk or eating something with fat content.