What's new

Purchase how much kava for a free trip to Vanuatu?

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
As I haven't worked for a while, I have the time to mess around with pointless exercises whilst waiting for my 4.30pm kava time, so today set to working out how much 5-star kava I would need to buy direct from the Fordham factory for the saving (relative to buying mail order from the US) to pay for a week in Santo.
Allowing for flights from Laos - Bangkok - Brisbane - Santo, 7 nights in a basic local guesthouse in Luganville, and one transit night in Australia with taxis, the break even point came in at 19 kilos ($3860 direct purchase from Santo, $3935 mail order from the US including the slowest delivery option via Stackry.com).
I figured food would cost the same here or there so didn't need to be included in the calculation, and the buy-direct option has the advantage of a "paid for" holiday and 7 nights of being able to drink fresh kava.
The airfares from Laos - Santo are about the same as US - Santo. At first I thought that drinkers from the US would have to buy about 30kg direct from Santo to break even, as you get free or cheap domestic delivery - but maybe the excess baggage fee that the 30kg would attract would cancel that out?
Either way, when I run out of my current stash in a few months time, that trip is all justified in my mind as a money saving effort, not an expense..

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
As I haven't worked for a while, I have the time to mess around with pointless exercises whilst waiting for my 4.30pm kava time, so today set to working out how much 5-star kava I would need to buy direct from the Fordham factory for the saving (relative to buying mail order from the US) to pay for a week in Santo.
Allowing for flights from Laos - Bangkok - Brisbane - Santo, 7 nights in a basic local guesthouse in Luganville, and one transit night in Australia with taxis, the break even point came in at 19 kilos ($3860 direct purchase from Santo, $3935 mail order from the US including the slowest delivery option via Stackry.com).
I figured food would cost the same here or there so didn't need to be included in the calculation, and the buy-direct option has the advantage of a "paid for" holiday and 7 nights of being able to drink fresh kava.
The airfares from Laos - Santo are about the same as US - Santo. At first I thought that drinkers from the US would have to buy about 30kg direct from Santo to break even, as you get free or cheap domestic delivery - but maybe the excess baggage fee that the 30kg would attract would cancel that out?
Either way, when I run out of my current stash in a few months time, that trip is all justified in my mind as a money saving effort, not an expense..
I love that we have members who will literally fly to a kava destination to re-up. That's some real dedication.