What's new

quad alu ballin

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I usually use 3 separate shakes of a single ball at 5 minutes each ball filled just over the grate in the alu ball with kava but I'm hesitant to try 4 because the water level gets lower every time. Is there anyone out there who also makes it like this and took the step to 4? I'm not sure if it'll actually come out stronger or it'll actually just take more kavalactones with it and be a waste.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I’ve used four aluballs at a time on a couple occasions. Put them into a mason jar and as @Krunkie McKrunkface suggests, put a plastic bag at the top. It will definitely be stronger unless you simply use more water making more diluted than before. Of course you would still be consuming more kavalactones overall though.

Personally I think the aluball is a fantastic idea/design but it doesn’t make the same strength of grog as I like. But I also tend to use more than most in a session so you have to take it for what it’s worth. Maybe if the aluball xl ever comes out I might be able to do so. Until then they are only used if I’m incredibly lazy or on the go.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I’ve used four aluballs at a time on a couple occasions. Put them into a mason jar and as @Krunkie McKrunkface suggests, put a plastic bag at the top. It will definitely be stronger unless you simply use more water making more diluted than before. Of course you would still be consuming more kavalactones overall though.

Personally I think the aluball is a fantastic idea/design but it doesn’t make the same strength of grog as I like. But I also tend to use more than most in a session so you have to take it for what it’s worth. Maybe if the aluball xl ever comes out I might be able to do so. Until then they are only used if I’m incredibly lazy or on the go.
How far do you fill up the mason jar for 4 of them and how many large shells (if you can picture a small 3 legged glass bowl you would probably use for salsa, that's what I use) does it amount to? My typical water amount of water is to the 400 line on the basic bottle.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I’d have to get my stuff to give you a rough estimate but in all honesty I typically go by feel on these things. I typically take the strength of the Kava and the desired effects into consideration to determine water ratio. I like my Kava strong so I don’t typically use a ton of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.