What's new

Question on micronized dose

Jmill157

Hey guys ,

So my usual K@ vendor has micronized kava as well , and I bought 14 grams for $10 as a sample to just try it out. Dosage on their website says 1.5-2 GRAMS not tbsp is a suggested dose , and claims to be much stronger than the Kava King instant drink mix they also sell. I originally tried just that , no effects up to 30 min later so I worked my way up in dose, I'd say about 7 ish grams total in an hour or so. I have been lurking these forums tonight and am seeing from different people a good dose is 2 tbsp or more , around the full 14 grams I have total. Is the K@ vendor just extremely far off in his dosing ? It makes me think if it is that far off in dose that maybe it Is also low quality , as I am not feeling much. Maybe a different vendor I should try in order to try and experience the love of this plant you all seem to enjoy so much ?

Thanks

Jmill157

Furthermore , I did not realize that you cannot talk about that "other herb" here until I saw it edited out so I do apologize

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum Jmill157. Yup, you stepped on a censored word. The only Micronized that I trust are the varieties from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. They are all Noble, the Macas are removed, and there is a nice variety to choose from. Usually 2 tablespoons is a decent dose but I space them out. If you get Micronized from the wrong guy, then you are effectively just tossing and washing fine ground root. Macas is effective the hard fibers that are removed when you strain with powder. You really don't want to be tossing and washing those. Unless of course you are on a high fiber diet. :rolleyes:

violet

Do all things with love
Welcome @Jmill157

The King Kava drink mix has a lot of fillers in it, so it would take a good bit of it to feel the effects from the kava. There's a few members here who have shared their experience with it, overall it seemed to increase dermopathy symptoms quickly, so probably is whole kava micronized. For the micronized kava, a tablespoon is probably around 7-ish+ grams. I always start out with a full tablespoon with most varieties, and usually end up consuming three tablespoons in total depending on the time of day. To compare it to ground root, when I squeeze I use a half cup, or 8 tablespoons. Many are fortunate enough to get away with using much lass kava than that.

The only micronized products I will consume are the ones from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. There is even a micronized sample pack available if you want to try more than one kind of micronized starting out.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Jmill157, Welcome to the forums!!! (y)

I agree with @violet, that they are probably selling you micronized (finely ground kava root) instead of true instant (which is produced using a cold water high pressure extraction process). So if your looking for instant (not micronized), then I personally use and recommend instants from Bula Kava (BKH), Gourmet Kava (GHK) and Nakamal at Home (N@H). ::happyshell::