What's new

Question regarding kava candy & micro

Asuna

Kava Curious
Hi all! This may seem like a silly question with a super obvious answer, but I’m still super new to this! Do the same rules of having an empty stomach (about 4 hours) apply if I’m wanting to eat the candy OR if I’m using micro?
Edit: I realize these are both completely different, but so far I’ve only done kava the traditional way

Pecorino

Kava Curious
They do for micro, after all it's still a liquid full of stuff you want to be full off. It's easier to down a bigger dose at once however. Not sure about candies, never tried those and I won't be guessing because I don't know if kavalactones are absorbed in the gullet like alcohol.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
Hi all! This may seem like a silly question with a super obvious answer, but I’m still super new to this! Do the same rules of having an empty stomach (about 4 hours) apply if I’m wanting to eat the candy OR if I’m using micro?
Edit: I realize these are both completely different, but so far I’ve only done kava the traditional way
Experiment, that's what I do.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
This is just an anecdote based on my personal experience so take it with a grain of salt but I find the empty stomach requirements are overrated. I have had much experience drinking kava and eating and although I don’t feel the intensity I would had I fasted before drinking in the end I feel even better because I have enough in my stomach to prevent nausea plus I’m not denying myself any nutrition. I would definitely give it a try both ways but keep in mind a completely empty stomach isn’t necessarily a requirement for a good experience and it’s best to experiment because individual experiences vary greatly.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah more important not to have a stomach full of bread than food in general .
And candies still hit when you have food . Just don't chew and swallow then instantly so you get more sublingual effect