What's new

question

C

clement

Hi guys,

i've been ordering a few times products from bula kava house,but on kava.com,where the shipment cost is way lower than on bulakavahouse sadly.
Anyway my question is,is it the lastest bulakavahouse products on kava.com or some years old boroguru?;)
(as for kava.com 's own product,its shit as far as i'm concerned,im brewing 10 tablespoons root powder and barely getting anything while 4 tbs of boroguru gets me where i want to be)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
You'd have to ask kava.com staff when the kava was harvested.

Then you'd probably have to ask Bula Kava House when their root was harvested. It may be posted somewhere on the website.

Personally I'd rather buy BKH products direct from Judd. His shipping cost is pretty standard and pretty low cost to begin with.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
The way I test my kava that I drink is to make my regular brew with the regular amount I use and if it does not get me to where I want to be in 2-3 big drinks then I know it is not a strong kava.
When age of the kava is concerned then tests show that the kavlactone content will reach it's max in about 1.5-2 years but it is best to let it go for 4-6 years because the plant will be more mature, the 18 month old plant might be the same as the 5 year old plant but the young plant still has young parts that are not as strong, so over all the mature plants will be more mature through out the entire area of the plant.

If we are talking age of the powder then if it could loose potency but with my experience it will mold before that and you will smell the change in smell of the kava, that is the mold. But for sure if you use 4 tbs of one kava and it works and you try another one at the same dose and it does not work or as you said you had to up the dose a lot, that means it is weaker, a lot weaker, look for and stick with the ones that have proven good.
When I get my website fully running you will be able to get some real good Hawaiian, Fijian, Tongan and Vanuatu kava. Aloha from Hawaii.

Chris