What's new

Questions about a few things

andrew

Hey all,

Have been drinking Kava for a short period of time now, I have so far used a 1/4 kilo of WoW Kava and a 1/4 kilo of Solomon Kava, bought from Nakamalathome. 50 grams of what was said to be a 10:1 extract of Vanuatu Kava from Ebay, not the best place to buy Kava I know but for like 12 bucks I couldn't resist. Now I am working on 50 grams of 70% Kavalactone extract from GoKratom/GoKava. They are root only extracts which idk if that matters but they also use grain alcohol to make the extract and from what I have gathered is not good for your liver or something?

I guess before I ask my question I should let you know who I prepare my root powder when that is what I am using so maybe my question can be answered with more ease. I use a Magic Bullet blender and if you blend I highly recommend this, just makes everything easier. I use 3 heaping tablespoons and by heaping I mean each spoon is a shovel I hold nothing back lol and the hottest water my faucet can pour out. So I usually blend this in 14-16oz of the water for 30 seconds to a minute. I use a paint strainer I got from Homedepot which works like a charm and pour the stuff out of the Magic Bullet into another cup through the strainer. I then squeeze all the liquid I possible can out and this also breaks some of the root into a real fine powder that passes through the strainer which I don't mind. I will add about 4 more ounces of cold water to this by running water over the strainer bag to get more liquid on the Kava and strain that out. I can make about 2 decent grogs with this a 3rd wash produces mainly water and the first grog obviously being better than the first.

Now I have my 16-18 or so ounces of grog and I chug the whole thing (after cooling down with ice). I keep the second grog to use in the morning because it works real nice to potentiate my K@. With the extracts I just simply put in a glass and drink. The 10:1 I used 20 grams the first day and 30 grams the second day so that ran out right away lol this 70% extract I am using about 3-5 grams.

Ok so now the question part! I don't feel anything really! I drink this stuff for the most part on a daily basis, at least 5 times a week. The time I felt it the most was the very first time as in the first dosage ever which was the Wow Kava and when I took a lot of the 10:1 extract, other than that I hardly feel anything. Is my method of making this wrong? Am I not taking enough? I should also mention I have taken 4 heaping tablespoons once before and drank both washes 10 minutes apart and the same outcome. I also drink this on an empty stomach, usually 3-4 hours after eating sometimes longer.

Also, I woke up today and what I believe to be my spleen is somewhat in pain. It is in my lower ribcage area on the left side and is under the ribcage not the ribs themselves, it also fits the description as in the pain area is about the size of my fist which the spleen is too. I was reading that solvent extract is no good and I don't know if this applies with what I have which is a root extract, it is powdered form not a liquid or anything and I know where I got it from their K@ is top notch so I would think the same about their Kava but could be wrong. Could this extract be causing the discomfort or do you think it could just be one of those days?

Thank you,

Andrew

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Prep: I would blend it for a lot longer. Like 5-10 minutes (probably pulse it so you don't fry your poor blender). Other than that, you are fine.

It is fairly common not to feel much of anything starting out. You might want to try using twice that amount. I have been drinking grog for a long time and I don't use less than 1/2 cup of anything but the strongest kava.

As for the extract. I would avoid solvent-based extracts for a variety of reasons, but I doubt it's causing you spleen pain. Probably just a coincidence.

infraredz

BULA!
Like kavadude said, there is a reverse tolerance and it will only be broken by drinking/taking kava as frequently as possible until you really start to feel it. I also use around 8-9tbsp of regular potency kava so you can try that. As far as prep, I basically use this method "Infraredz's Simple Method" .

I also would avoid solvent extracts because, simply put, they extract more undesirable compounds than water. I have a chart somewhere of the various solvents (including water). I'll try to dig it up.