What's new

Kava Recipe Recipe for the Weekend 03/22/2014

D

Deleted User01

I really liked the Ginger Ale with Lime last week and I have left over bottles of Ginger Ale so here we go again. When I was a kid, we used to drink a Grape Lemon CoolAid and I really liked it. So I'm going to use Grape this time. My wife is getting me a can of Frozen Grape Concentrate and she called and told me it was 1.96 a can. That shouldn't break the bank and it will make more than a few cocktails. Also, the color purple will hide the muddy color of the Kava.

This is no longer an advance recipe. I'm sipping it now. I did lemon this time. I'm thinking that lime is better because it has so much more taste and twang to it. The color is very purple so I'm happy. I switched to 3 tabs of concentrate but feel free to keep adding till you like the color and taste. I did about 2 tabs of instant and this is going to be more than enough for me today. More notes. The instant wants to settle to the bottom which is normal Kava behavior. So you need to take a straw/spoon with you or you can put the whole thing in a Mason Jar, cap it, and shake once in a while. Then just drink it out of the Jar. I ended up adding more ginger ale and ice about 2/3 of the way and everything was still tasty and ice cold.

Kava KoolAid
4 oz. of water
3 tabs of Instant Kava in the water and mix well.
Add at least 2 tablespoons of Concentrated Frozen Grape Juice to the mixture and stir well
Add another 4-6 oz of Ginger Ale.
The juice of either .5 lime or lemon. I'm going to try both.
Top off with plenty of ice.
Substitutions: You tell me. Maybe another type of soda. Maybe Grape Soda or any plain soda. Or whatever is in the fridge. Please post your ideas and results.

I'm also experimenting this week with a Cocktail made from Powder. I'm testing both the Kalada Mix and/or the Grape Concentrate on it. I will be using the PEEPP from GHK because it is mild in taste and light in color.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

I did the recipe just now and my notes are on the first post above. I don't know how to edit a post and show it as a recent post.