What's new

Recommendations for new kava?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Are there huge differences in location based kavas?... beyond heady and heavy... I've had these before ... boroguru GHK ... moi ghk.. nene ghk... stone nakamal ... have I had pretty much only hawain and Vanuatu kinds then... and would something like Fijian or Tongan offer me something completley different or different subtle effects.? I wanna try Fijian I think cause I've heard of the higher amount yiu can drink like it has a higher ceiling too it. And am curious about minor features in the islands kava.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Kavaboy is having a sale this month. I like the kava. Its Tongan. Very mild tasting with good effects.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Lol you guys crack me up about the Loa Waka, makes me want mine to get here even quicker then tomorrow! haha :)
How tired or sleepy does it make you after say, an hour or 2? Most kava's heady or not seem to lay me right out, all but the Hanakapi'ai hairs, lol...those give me
a happy care free floaty heady vibe that don't quit! Seems like you guys are realy loving the loa waka though,
What makes this stuff soo heady?! Is it realy that heady compared to pouni ono or moi?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
The Loa Waka doesn't make me tired at all. I made a mix today of the last of my KBR Vanuatu3 mixed with Pouni Ono, Borongoru, and Loa Waka. I made about three pints to take over to my buddy's house to buy some of his guitar gear because he is moving and to shoot the shit with him. He drank two shells and felt great. Then his neighbors came over and said hey what is that and they both had a shell and loved it too. It is really fun turning people on to kava.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Lol you guys crack me up about the Loa Waka, makes me want mine to get here even quicker then tomorrow! haha :)
How tired or sleepy does it make you after say, an hour or 2? Most kava's heady or not seem to lay me right out, all but the Hanakapi'ai hairs, lol...those give me
a happy care free floaty heady vibe that don't quit! Seems like you guys are realy loving the loa waka though,
What makes this stuff soo heady?! Is it realy that heady compared to pouni ono or moi?
Hard for me to explain. Moi gets me too, but the loa threw me for a loop. I had to dial down my grog a bit using it. I am not one to get sleepy, so this one doesn't do that to me. Your basic boroguru relaxes me so I can cut back the ambien and I haven't had a chance to feel my way around the hanakapi'ai yet. Got the hanakapi'ai sitting on my counter. So many good reviews on it, but I am waiting for the right time. Tried a small amount when it came in, but life pretty much pushed it aside that night. For me, Fiji loa is like this hotty that is willing to rumble, but you don't want to rush it and Hanakapi'ai is like that cute neighbor that's nice to look at but out of reach (for now).