What's new

Recommendations megathread

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Since this is a pretty common recurring topic, I thought I'd just create a catchall thread for kava recommendations. If you've ended up in this thread and don't know why, it's because a mod thought your thread was mainly a request for recommendations and merged it into this one.

Examples of questions that might be merged into this thread:
- "What kind of kava is good for muscle relaxation?"
- "Can someone recommend a headier kava than kava X?"
- "Is there anything like kava X that is more affordable?"

exit stage left
Recommendations please!

My favourite kava is Mo'i. I much prefer the heady to the heavy, I'd rather be able to drink my kava and stay awake and do stuff. I've tried Boroguru and Mahakea and they just put me to sleep. Eventually I'll explore using kava for sleep, but I like the stuff I can take in the evening and occasionally in the daytime to wind down without being put to sleep.

What should I try next?

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
BKH solomon is my favorite heady kava right now. i also have some BKH waka and 11 year waka which are both pretty heady. on top of those, i have some puoni ono which is good but less heady than i thought it would be.
with the solomon, it comes in waves and if you drink too much it can go from heady to heavy pretty quick on the next wave. favorite combo right now is a shell of solomon followed by a shell of waka. the waka seems to bring out the headiness of the solomon and counteract any heaviness that creeps in from too much solomon

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Recommendations please!

My favourite kava is Mo'i. I much prefer the heady to the heavy, I'd rather be able to drink my kava and stay awake and do stuff. I've tried Boroguru and Mahakea and they just put me to sleep. Eventually I'll explore using kava for sleep, but I like the stuff I can take in the evening and occasionally in the daytime to wind down without being put to sleep.

What should I try next?
The heady head-master KWK Fiji Loa Waka. It's headier than anything else I've tried.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
Apart from brownies and freezer fudge, what food can I make with kava powder (not instant or micronised)?

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Lol :)
Nice thread, cool idea!
In my experience which might not mean a whole lot, I try to stay with "heady" only kava's...
I much prefer the euphoric glowing, buzzing head spinning smiling happy kava's, not only do they feel great..
They can take away a bad headache or migraine fast! I too have probably to much kava for my needs on hand, I have been soo busy with work
or my family, going on little trips ect..I just haven't done much kava in the last few weeks :(
My top picks for "heady" kava's...
Pouni Ono from KWK is pretty heady, but also relaxing and if you drink to much, to fast you will wake up from a nap! haha....

Mo'i from GHK is also pretty damn heady, I had the instant which hits fast..and is probably a little more heady the the Pouni Ono, Also the new root hair kava from GHK is
also pretty euphoric and heady! I wasn't sure what to think but it gave me an immensely pleasurable heady buzz which lasted many hours without knocking me out!

The Stone' from N@H is strong, very strong actually! is also very heady, taste very bad, the worst actually! And the taste alone keeps me from drinking it!
But if you get passed the taste, a strong body/head buzzing with major relaxation and eventually sleepy time :)

The Solomon's from BKH is also very heady! Haven't done much of this one much, mainly because I have soo many kinds on hand that it comes down to which
one to do on a particular night/day ect..but it was heady,probably the headiest from these mentioned, but like mention...comes in waves
It's hard to describe but it's almost like the waves of the ocean on a beach, lol...a wave crashes and then goes back out to sea, well this starts of relaxing..
Taste wasn't bad at all compared to stone! Felt it quick, and effects went from buzzing heady happy, to a more relaxed..Chinese eyed muscle melting body buzz...
Then 20 minutes and another shell in and the effects seem to change..but definitely hits allot of ALL effect's kava can provide...

Now these are not in order, now favorites here either...there all good at something, and good to use and different times ect...
Now after reading what everyone has been practically "Raving" about the new Fiji Loa Waka from KWK, mine will be here in the morning, and I am
very VERY excited for it! As I mentioned, there's just something about heady kava's that draws me in, and if this loa waka is sounding like
some of the strongest heady effects, then I will be in love! :)
Sorry for the looong post guys!