What's new

Recommendations

Bec2854

Kava Curious
Hello. I’m looking for a kava to help alleviate anxiety that isn’t that sedating and makes me a bit more social. Does this exist??

Bec2854

Kava Curious
Try the Vanuatu Instant Green from Bula Kava House. That's very reliable and should do exactly what you need.
Thank you I will definitely give that a try! Any ideas for non instant to be a bit more cost effective?

I did have one more question - I know you’re supposed to drink it on an empty stomach but how long after you drink it can you eat? Like if I want to have a 2nd cup should I do that an hour after my 1st then eat? I’m kind of a grazer so I get “hangry” quickly..

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thank you I will definitely give that a try! Any ideas for non instant to be a bit more cost effective?

I did have one more question - I know you’re supposed to drink it on an empty stomach but how long after you drink it can you eat? Like if I want to have a 2nd cup should I do that an hour after my 1st then eat? I’m kind of a grazer so I get “hangry” quickly..
Well I tried the lemon honey extract from Root of Happiness last night and it blew me away, you really only need a dab of that to get you going! You don't really want to be carting med grind around to a party do you? I would say Nambawan would do the job or maybe Pouni Ono from Kalm with Kava? M'oi from GHK? There are quite a few options in med grind, too many to mention. Also I would question whether instant actually is more expensive in the long run, that's an old debate ;-)

In theory you can eat straight away but eating does tend to dull the effects so the longer you can hold off the better. The good news is that you probably won't feel like eating much anyway. I struggle to eat anything at all after and I know @nabanga has said the same, probably a few others. Depends on how much kava you drink I suppose, a few light shells an hours or so apart then wait 30 mins to eat wouldn't be a bad idea.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast

I try to wait 20 minutes to eat after my last shell; but there's no real rule. I just assume I should wait till it takes effects rather than getting it mixed with food first. Some kavas suppress my appetite so its actually hard to eat. Other kavas do not suppress my appetite.

Bec2854

Kava Curious
I try to wait 20 minutes to eat after my last shell; but there's no real rule. I just assume I should wait till it takes effects rather than getting it mixed with food first. Some kavas suppress my appetite so its actually hard to eat. Other kavas do not suppress my appetite.
THANks!

Bec2854

Kava Curious
Well I tried the lemon honey extract from Root of Happiness last night and it blew me away, you really only need a dab of that to get you going! You don't really want to be carting med grind around to a party do you? I would say Nambawan would do the job or maybe Pouni Ono from Kalm with Kava? M'oi from GHK? There are quite a few options in med grind, too many to mention. Also I would question whether instant actually is more expensive in the long run, that's an old debate ;-)

In theory you can eat straight away but eating does tend to dull the effects so the longer you can hold off the better. The good news is that you probably won't feel like eating much anyway. I struggle to eat anything at all after and I know @nabanga has said the same, probably a few others. Depends on how much kava you drink I suppose, a few light shells an hours or so apart then wait 30 mins to eat wouldn't be a bad idea.
Thank you! So with the instant I just mix it with water? How much instant do you use? I was looking at a 50 gram option. Any idea how many drinks that’s would make?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thank you! So with the instant I just mix it with water? How much instant do you use? I was looking at a 50 gram option. Any idea how many drinks that’s would make?
A couple of teaspoons a time is about right but you might need more or less. 50 grams should do about 10 drinks comfortably but more or less depending on if you find you need it stronger or weaker. If you're going out you can pre mix into 250 ml (8 ounce or thereabouts) juice bottles and take a couple with you discretely in a bag or coat pocket.

Bec2854

Kava Curious
A couple of teaspoons a time is about right but you might need more or less. 50 grams should do about 10 drinks comfortably but more or less depending on if you find you need it stronger or weaker. If you're going out you can pre mix into 250 ml (8 ounce or thereabouts) juice bottles and take a couple with you discretely in a bag or coat pocket.
Thank you Sir!