What's new

Kava Physiology Riddle me this, Batman.

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Kava once a day at 12am, 10am, 12pm? Great grog. Yum Yum. Good effects.

Kava for second time in a day? Not nearly as good. Weak. Disappoint.

Kava late at night (say, 11pm) then kava early next day? Great grog. Yum yum.

Does it feel that there are diminishing returns when having Kava twice in the same day? Of course, there aren't many scenarios that call for two grog sesh's in the same day. I duly note that when I have done so, the second time isn't nearly as good as the first. This is with relatively similar stomach contents, prior eating times etc.

I can only imagine it's slightly related to the diminishing returns of drinking too much in one go; I went a bit overboard the other day and was well sick for a few hours after almost 3x my usual amount. Don't ask.

lucas123

I experience the same thing with kava and with nicotine for some reason. I think it has something to do with the chemicals in the brain being reset when you sleep. it's cool how the body works sometimes, it's a free reset.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drink grog all day long every day but I find diminished effect if I drink the same grog time after time. As long as I keep changing what I am drinking, I don't get that loss of effect. I suspect it is not kava per se which causes the diminished effect as much as your specific receptors are quickly adapting to that particular strain or brand's kavalactone profile .