What's new

Riddle me this?

truthornothing

Kava Curious
So technically I am not a new user but took a long break. I got some Kavafied Bati, as my first Kava on my way back into the fold. I used the Aluball with 2 tblsp the first and second uses and got heady good results followed by relaxation. Spurred on by this last Sunday I put 3 tblsp in the blender with some lecithin and soy milk and blended for 5 min, then poured the reults into the Kavafied strainer bag and kneaded for 10. The grog was thicker and stronger tasting but I felt nearly nothing. I finished the whole batch and felt only minor effects. I had eaten pizza about 2 hours prior but only one slice. So last night I was stressed out when I got home from work( work sucks lately) but I had stuff to do and wanted just some light relaxation. I put 2 tblsp of Bati in the aluball with water only and shook away. 2 shells and I was krunk. Another shell and I was couch bound for a good bit of the evening. It was a good couched feeling not super heavy just very buzzed..this was on a totally empty stomach.

Could the food had made that much difference because I was so shocked that I felt nothing after all that work. Then just plain old water and a shake and boom krunkified!

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So technically I am not a new user but took a long break. I got some Kavafied Bati, as my first Kava on my way back into the fold. I used the Aluball with 2 tblsp the first and second uses and got heady good results followed by relaxation. Spurred on by this last Sunday I put 3 tblsp in the blender with some lecithin and soy milk and blended for 5 min, then poured the reults into the Kavafied strainer bag and kneaded for 10. The grog was thicker and stronger tasting but I felt nearly nothing. I finished the whole batch and felt only minor effects. I had eaten pizza about hours prior but only one slice. So last night I was stressed out when I got home from work( work sucks lately) but I had stuff to do and wanted just some light relaxation. I put tblsp of Bati in the aluball with water only and shook away. 2 shells and I was krunk. Another shell and I was couch bound for a good bit of the evening. It was a good couched feeling not super heavy just very buzzed..this was on a totally empty stomach.

Could the food had made that much difference because I was so shocked that I felt nothing after all that work. Then just plain old water and a shake and boom krunkified!
Yes. Especially carb/starch heavy food seems to absorb or slow down absorption of kava. It still works but takes a lot longer and is more gradual. Pizza would fall into that category in my experience.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Empty stomach might be the first rule of kava...buuut...kava is weird and can sometimes produce varying results even when you think you've done everything the same.

truthornothing

Kava Curious
Empty stomach might be the first rule of kava...buuut...kava is weird and can sometimes produce varying results even when you think you've done everything the same.
Yes Kava seems to have a mind of its own some days
Yes. Especially carb/starch heavy food seems to absorb or slow down absorption of kava. It still works but takes a lot longer and is more gradual. Pizza would fall into that category in my experience.
I will do the empty stomach thing from here on in..I have some excess fat to sacrifice to the Kava Gods at any rate