Change background image

Root of Happiness Samoan kava

Discussion in 'Root of Happiness (Online Store)' started by Kavacoordinate, May 26, 2017.

1. John Bytell

John Bytell Kava Enthusiast

I ordered a jar of the 70% extract. I'm gonna take this community's silence/lack of enthusiasm as a not so good sign and hold off on trying anything else from them. It would be great if we could get the vendor to participate here, but as I see it, with all the great vendors out there that are active here and have lots of fans....vs ROH that nobody seems too enthused about.... That speaks pretty loudly. :/
  2. John Bytell

John Bytell Kava Enthusiast

I got a jar of the polynesian gold. What is the consitency supposed to be like? This one seemed dried out. It's more of a hard grainy paste than a viscous oil. When I opened the jar the whole thing was stuck to the lid.
    I took about 3 times the recommended amt to get the desired effect.
  3. Well all I had to hear was it was sourced from China to determine I wouldn't buy it again. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the company. But any extract that sourced from over there scares the crap out of me.
  4. TheKavaFlow

TheKavaFlow Kava Enthusiast Kava Podcaster

As it should. There's some really nasty stuff coming out of China.
  5. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

Exactly. But quite good. I did not regret for one second buying it. Whatever else one may think of the company or Tyler or his chain of kava bars, the Samoan is undeniably good root, but only for people who love heady. Heavy lovers will not like it.
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  6. LabRat

LabRat Member

I've tried the majority of their powdered root and have found it to be of good quality, I've tried everything but their Fiji offerings,so far I've only tried the Polynesian Gold 33% powdered extract, quite nice potent but pricey,but it's one of the few extracts that test noble considering it's manufactured in China,and so far my favorites powdered root is the Superior Vanuatu, and the Samoan, actually the Samoan kinda reminds me of some kind of Hawaiian kava with the creaminess of a Tongan Kava
    Krunkie McKrunkface likes this.
  7. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

Yup, those are very accurate reference points, IMO.
    LabRat likes this.
  8. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

Is it just the extracts at RoH that come from China, or all their kava ?
  9. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

Tyler addressed it in this thread - http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...iness-30-kava-extract.9868/page-2#post-117163

China isn't a kava producer. He sources the root material from the islands and has contracted labs in china to do the extraction. Everyone knows it's too expensive to have a lot of things done in America and our government has given companies incentive to outsource manufacturing, technology jobs, etc to Asia and other areas since the 1990's. If the labs doing the extraction are clean and compliant with health and safety standards, it shouldn't matter where they are. What you don't want are herbs grown in soil or exposed to air with industrial contamination.

If you look through the forums over the past few years you will see many instances of TK members and supporters casting doubt on their competition while vehemently rejecting the same level of scrutiny being applied to their member vendors.
  10. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm sorry I just didn't know what TK stands for ?
  11. recentreturn

recentreturn Kava Enthusiast

The important point is that RoH might be worth a try in spite of negative things having been said.
    Plantacious likes this.
  12. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

TK = True Kava / TK Group Labs
    Plantacious likes this.